International scholars are invited to apply for the ICI International Postdoctoral Fellowships In Germany 2018, all applicants are reminded that to be considered for this program, they all must comply accordingly with the eligibility criteria.
The ICI Berlin Institute for Cultural Inquiry announces ten post-doctoral fellowships within the core project Errans.Recognizing that a critique of the ideals of productivity, success, goal-orientation, and determination is necessarily paradoxical, the ICI Core Project Errans takes the shifting meanings of erring as a starting point to explore the critical potentials and risks of embracing error, randomness, failure, and non-teleological temporalities.
Level: Postdoctoral research program
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded within the core project Errans.
|Scholarship covers: Stipends range from EUR 1900 to 2100 per month.|
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICI Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
- All disciplines, fields, and nationalities are welcome. Applicants must have completed their education (BA, MA, or PhD) within ten years of the date of appointment. Fluency in English is required; some German language skills would be desirable.
2016 ICI Postdoctoral Fellowships are announced for a particular core project and often also focus. Applications not responding to an announcement, which may include further eligibility or selection criteria, cannot be considered.
Scholarship Application Method
1. Please read the
- Fellowships Announcement ERRANS, Environ/s
- Description of the ICI Core Project ERRANS
- Fellowships Guidelines
2. Please register at application.ici-berlin.org. You will receive an email with a private application link, which you can use to complete your application.
3. Please choose two recommenders who are able to comment on your suitability for the fellowship and the potential of your project. Ask them to submit their letters of recommendation directly at application.ici-berlin.org/letter by the application deadline. Please make sure to register first (see step 2) so that the references can be linked to your application.
4. Please prepare the following material in English or German as electronic documents (preferably pdf):
A. Curriculum Vitae
Please include all information you deem relevant, noting that neither date of birth nor personal picture are required.
B. Project Proposal with Abstract
Please write an abstract (about 1 000 characters) of your project proposal.
In your project proposal (no more than 10 000 characters in total), please indicate:
- The topic
- The questions, and goals of your project
- The methodology to be employed
- Any preliminary work done
- A timetable of the planned form of publication.
Please describe how the project bears upon the project ERRANS, Environ/s and how you expect to contribute to an exchange with other fellows and benefit from it.
C. Work Samples
Please include a chapter from your book or dissertation, an article, work in progress, or some equivalent material or documentation. (No more than 50 000 characters or 20 pages).
5. Using the private application link you received in step 2, please fill in the form with the requested details regarding yourself and your application, and upload the documents A-C. Please make sure that your application is complete before the deadline.
Deadline: 7 January 2018
(23:59, Berlin local time)
‣ Complete application materials must be received by the announced deadline.
‣ We regret that incomplete or late applications cannot be accepted for consideraApplicationtion.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 7 January 2018 (23:59, Berlin local time)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.