Applications are currently been invited for the ICGC International Fellowships for USA and Southern Africa Applicants 2018, eligible applicants from the mentioned Regions re invited to apply right now.
ICGC offers ICGC Fellowships that provide financial support for graduate students at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Nominees should have backgrounds and interests that identify them as outstanding students who are clearly committed to the interdisciplinary study of the global south in the context of global change.
Level: This is a four year fellowship program for graduate students at the Twin Cities campus of the University of Minnesota.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for interdisciplinary study of the global south in the context of global change
Value of Scholarship : Awards vary in amount, duration, and format, with up to $20,000 in the first year of study. Transportation costs to Minnesota are not covered. The student’s home department typically guarantee support in the form of 50% teaching or research assistantships in the second and third year of study, and tuition and subsidized health insurance benefits for four years. In addition, recipients of ICGC Scholar Fellowships who are in Ph.D. programs are eligible to enter a competition for ICGC Pre-Dissertation Research Grants to undertake preliminary exploratory travel to the area of their proposed dissertation research. Students pursuing professional master’s degrees (and in some cases, students pursuing the Ph.D.) are eligible to apply for ICGC International Internship Awards to help defray costs of international travel and housing if they choose to intern with an organization working on global issues. The minimum award for both pre-dissertation and internship grants will be $3,000. In addition, recipients of ICGC-Mellon Scholar Fellowships are eligible to enter a competition for ICGC Pre-Dissertation Research Grants to undertake preliminary exploratory travel to the area of their proposed dissertation research. A minimum of $3,000 will be awarded for pre-dissertation grants.
To apply for ICGC Fellowships the applicants must:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Have applied to a graduate or professional degree program at the Twin Cities campus of the University of Minnesota as follows: students entering doctoral programs in the Colleges of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences; Biological Sciences; Liberal Arts; Education and Human Development; or the School of Public Health or the Humphrey School of Public Affairs or students entering master’s programs in the Humphrey School of Public Affairs or the School of Public Health
- Receive a nomination for these fellowships by the department or college in which they will be enrolled
- Gain admittance to a graduate degree program (as described above) by fall 2018
- Selection Criteria for ICGC Fellowships
- In reviewing nominees ICGC gives priority to demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to the issues of the global south and disadvantaged communities.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must be nominated by their departments to be considered for this fellowship.
For information and application materials for graduate study at the University of Minnesota, please check the University’s website and the links there to various colleges, schools and departments.
‣ To apply for an ICGC Fellowship:
- Send a completed Request for Departmental Nomination form along with your application for admission to graduate study to the department or school of intended enrollment (generally before mid-December 2017).
- Submit the online Notification of Interest form and upload your personal statement of interest to ICGC (electronic submission is preferred, however, requests for ICGC fellowship application forms are also accepted by telephone, e-mail, University of Minnesota campus mail, or U.S. mail).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 4:30 pm on January 29, 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.