SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
ICFOnest Postdoctoral International Fellowship applications are now available and applicants are welcome to apply for the vacant positions. All applications must be submitted before the stated deadline and eligibility criteria met by each applicant as stated.
‣ The ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program, partially supported by the Marie Curie Actions for Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes (COFUND) of the European Commission, the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), as well as by Fundacio Privada Cellex, aims at providing high-level training and support for outstanding international researchers in the early stages of their careers.
‣ ICFO will provide cutting edge facilities as well as a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment to help Fellows become successful future research leaders.
- Post-doctoral position in Theoretical Plasmonics and Nanophotonics
- Post-doctoral researcher in quantum nonlinear optics with cold atomic ensembles
- Post-doctoral research position in Atomic Quantum Optics
- Post-doctoral positions in Experimental Quantum Optics with Cold and Ultra-cold Atoms
- Postdoctoral position in Biomedical optics for cancer therapy
- Post-doctoral position in biomedical optics for development of miniature systems
- Post-doctoral position in cell biology and biophysics
- Post-doctoral position in Topological Nano-photonics
- Postdoctoral position in nano-architecture of cell membrane organization
- Postdoctoral position in HIV-receptor interactions on antigen presenting cells.
- 4 Post-doctoral positions in Functional Optoelectronic Nanomaterials
- 2 Post-doctoral positions in quantum information theory
- Post-doctoral position in Systems Neuroscience and Optogenetics
- Post-doctoral position in Neurophotonics and mechanobiology
- Post-doctoral position in two-dimensional hetero-structures
- Post-doctoral position in combined surface science / nanophotonics (experimental)
- Post-doctoral position for wearable diffuse optical health monitoring with novel detectors
- Post-doctoral position for novel, new diffuse optical instrumentation
School(Institutions/ Country): | Spain
Level: postdoctoral research programme
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for research projects at the forefront of science and technology. Research lines at ICFO include but are not limited to: biomedical optics and biophotonics, nanoscopy and super-resolution imaging, nanotechnology and nanophotonics, nonlinear optics and atom optics, quantum optics and quantum information, atto-science and ultrafast physics, optical sensing and optoelectronics, green technologies and photovoltaics, graphene physics and nanomaterials, single-molecule physics, ultracold quantum matter physics and advanced laser technology.
Deadline:Until positions are filled.
Funded By: The ICFOnest+ International Postdoctoral Program, partially supported by the European Commission’s Marie Curie Actions for Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes (COFUND) and the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), as well as by Fundacio Privada Cellex.
| Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program is targeted for foreign national can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.|
‣ No. of awards: ICFO offers up to 25 incoming ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are available for the duration of 24 months.
‣Value of Scholarship : The ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract of 24-month duration to perform his/her duties within an existing ICFO research group. Salary and economic conditions are aligned with standard European Marie Curie programs (gross salary in the range 40,000 EUR / 55,000 USD).
Have what it takes to avail ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program ?
‣ Have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 24 months in Spain, and not be Spanish citizens/residents. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.
‣ Be in possession of a PhD degree at the time of the application cut-off-point.
‣ Have not been awarded the PhD degree more than 5 years prior to the application deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave. Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years.
‣ Be first author in at least one publication (either submitted, accepted, in print or published). Copies may be requested.
‣ Provide complete documentation requested for application.
‣ Exceptions to the PhD degree requirements will be made for women with children and other documented career breaks. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D. (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in atomic physics, quantum optics, or related fields. They should also have proven experimental research ability, and the desire to lead a small group of PhD students in a highly cooperative experimental context.
- No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFO post-doctoral contracts.
- The contract is offered for a period of one year, initially, renewable for a total of up to three years. Salary dependent on qualifications.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online via the corresponding call at ICFOjobs, our job openings site and online application interface, available at http://jobs.icfo.eu. The application to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program is a two-step procedure:
‣ Find the Online Application
‣ First Application Step: Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- A presentation letter with a declaration of interests, including an explicit indication of the potential ICFO research group(s) that may be of interest,
- An updated complete Curriculum Vitae, including: full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address (and indicating any career breaks), and full list of publications,
- A copy of the PhD degree (if available at the time of application, or certificate stating the planned award date of the PhD degree),
- As part of the application material, and within deadline, applicants should have contacted their two referees whom they have listed in their application form, asking them to submit reference letters to the ICFOnest+ Screening Committee. The reference letters must be submitted electronically directly by the referees to [email protected] (mailing label: candidate name + “ICFOnest+”).
- Once an application has been submitted, the candidate will receive an acknowledgement of receipt together with an application reference number for further enquires and the upcoming revision deadline. Updates of application material will only be possible within this deadline.
- Second Application Step: Applicants that pass the first evaluation stage will be informed about this decision and asked to submit:
- A 2-pages research proposal indicating the ICFO research area/s of main interest.
- Applicants will be invited to get in touch with ICFO Group Leaders in the scientific area of their choice, in order to discuss with them the possible lines of investigation. Deadline for submitting the Research Proposal will be indicated to the corresponding applicants.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Until positions are filled.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.