SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals is beginning in USA this summer 2018. International Students from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States are eligible to apply.
The goal of TruthBuzz: increase audience trust in news media by communicating fact-checked information in a compelling, shareable way. TruthBuzz Fellows will be change-makers who can drive the adoption of new ways of making facts go as viral.
Offers are available to pursue Media professionals.
Field of study:
Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered.
To be taken in(Country):
Washington, D.C, USA
Students from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in newsrooms
- Experience with multimedia and alternative forms of storytelling
- Sharp audience-engagement and communications skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated background in getting projects off the ground
- Experience collaborating with different teams across newsrooms including designers and programmers.
- Experience incorporating the use of social media in news media
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate program results as a speaker, writer
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Success at replicating, adapting and creating technologies to answer local needs
- Lives and works in one of the target countries
- Training or coaching experience
- Professional proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in the local language of the target country/region
- Experience measuring results, such as the impact of content, adoption of technology and audience engagement
- Experience in fact-checking and tackling misinformation
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level in the University.
29th April 2018
Applications, CVs and resumes should be in English. Relevant work samples or supporting material for project proposals may be in the applicant’s native language. To become a Fellow, professional proficiency in English is required.
To access other opportunities, click Journalism Scholarships