ICCROM Internship Programme For Graduates In Italy.
ICCROM is pleased to offer internship opportunities for graduate students from ICCROM member states in many priority areas, for the year 2018 in Italy. ICCROM will host a maximum number of four interns per calendar year, each of the internships lasting normally for a period of two to six months. The applicant’s academic background, interests and career plans are taken into consideration as well as the statement justifying the request. ICCROM will help interns to obtain the necessary documents to enter and temporarily reside in Italy and to find reasonable accommodation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Field(s): Interns should work on following priority areas: Disaster and risk management, Materials and technology, World Heritage, Living heritage, Sound and image collections (SOIMA), Africa, Arab Region (ATHAR), Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAM) and Southern and Eastern Mediterranean (MOSAIKON).
Deadline: 31 March 2017 (for internships to be held in 2018).
Funded By: ICCROM
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICCROM Internship Programme is targeted for candidates from ICCROM Member States.
‣ No. of awards: ICCROM will host a maximum number of four interns per calendar year.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The duration of internship is two to six months.
‣Value of Scholarship : ICCROM will help interns to obtain the necessary documents to enter and temporarily reside in Italy and to find reasonable accommodation. Interns, however, will be responsible for their own medical insurance which is compulsory. Due to the current budgetary constraints, from January 2011 ICCROM will not be providing financial support for Internships.
‣ If you are a graduate in archaeology, architecture, art history, conservation/restoration, engineering, library science, museology, public administration or urban planning, you may be interested in undertaking an internship at ICCROM. The programme is open to candidates from ICCROM Member States.
‣ ICCROM Internship Programme is undertaken in association with one of the priority areas underway at ICCROM at the time of holding the internship.
‣ Applicants must specify the priority area with which they wish to work if accepted. Internships may also be undertaken with our Knowledge and Communications Services (comprised of ICCROM’s archive, library and office of communications).
‣ The ICCROM Internship Programme applicant’s academic background, interests and career plans are taken into consideration as well as the statement justifying the request.
‣ ICCROM staff members supervise interns. At the end of the internship, the intern will be asked to make a presentation to all staff on the work undertaken.
‣ Candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of one of the two official languages of ICCROM (English and French).
‣ A Selection Committee will assess each invited application. All candidates will be informed of the Committee’s decision in writing within three months of the application deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. Letter of intent
Intending candidates for an internship must first send a letter and Curriculum Vitae (no more than one page each) to ICCROM by email, expressing their interest in one of the priority areas of ICCROM or Knowledge and Communications Services, and their qualifications for being considered for an internship within the chosen priority area. Kindly add a subject line before the text clearly indicating your preferred priority area. In the event that you are unable to send your letter and CV by e-mail, if time allows send the hard copy by mail or alternatively send a fax to ensure that you meet the deadline.
As the programme is only open to candidates from ICCROM Member States, your nationality should be clearly stated. Your email should be marked ‘2018 Internships’ and addressed to:
M. Anna Stewart
ICCROM – Internship and Fellows Programme
Via di San Michele, 13
00153 Rome, Italy
Email: internships (at) iccrom . org
Fax: + 39 06 58 55 33 49
2018 Internships – Deadline for receipt of letters of intent: 31 March 2017 (for internships to be held in 2018). Letters of intent received after this deadline will be processed at the next call for internships.
2. Submission of internship applications forms
The following deadline applies only to candidates who have sent a letter of intent in March 2016 and have been invited to submit a formal application for internships to take place in 2017.
2017 Internships – Deadline for receipt of formal applications: 16 September 2016 (for internships to be held in 2017).
This deadline refers to the receipt of formal applications that have been invited by ICCROM following correspondence between the applicant and staff. Only applicants who follow this procedure can be considered for an ICCROM Internship.
A Selection Committee will assess each invited application. All candidates will be informed of the Committee’s decision in writing within three months of the application deadline.
For additional information about internships see our frequently asked questions.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.