SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Ibni Haldun Social Sciences program for Post Graduates 2017
Applications are invited by Turkish government for Turkey graduate scholarship program for 2017 academic year. The scholarships are available for international students (non-Turkish) to pursue master and PhD degree at Turkish universities. Two scholarship programs: Ali Kusçu Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship for science, engineering and technology and Ibni Haldun Social Sciences Graduate Scholarship to study at the field of social sciences are available.
About Scholarship: Turkey opens the doors of its universities for international students from all around the world with “Turkey Scholarships”. Scholarship with vast opportunities and education in qualified Turkish universities will help you to gain new perspectives, and abilities making applicants be one step ahead of others in their career. Turkey Scholarship is non-refundable. Turkey Scholarship is provided for only international students who will study in higher education level. The aim of Turkey Scholarships is to improve mutual understanding with other countries and to contribute richness of global information with people oriented approach.
Study: Ali Kusçu Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship is offered to study in the fields of science, engineering & technology and Ibni Haldun Social Sciences Graduate Scholarship to study in the field of social sciences.
Course Level: This program provides scholarships for master’s and PhD degree at Turkish universities.
Scholarship By: Turkish Government
- –Candidates who have graduated or are likely to graduate from an educational institution equivalent to that of Turkey’s in the present academic (i.e. bachelor’s degree for master’s level) can apply to Turkey Scholarships.
- -There is also age condition for candidates required to meet. For applicants applying to Master’s Degree: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1983 and for applicants applying to PhD Degree: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1978.
- -It is expected to have certain academic score from candidates for each program and scholarship level. There are specific minimum score of the program that you are applying at “assessment and selection” section.
- -Students who are currently studying in Turkey are not allowed to apply to the level that they are already studying.
- -Turkish citizens and persons who lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship program.
- -Turkey scholarships are open for all country citizens who meet these conditions.
Scholarship Open for: Scholarship program is available for non-Turkish nationals from all countries.
Duration: Duration of the scholarship for graduate (master and PhD) degree students is: 1 year Turkish language course + 1 year scientific preparation (if necessary) + educational duration.
Value: Turkey scholarships consist of these opportunities:
- -Allowance: For master’s students 423.75 USD per month and for PhD students 565 USD per month.
- -Accommodation: Turkey Scholarship students can stay in public university dormitories without paying any fee. Students who do not want to stay in these dormitories can use other housing possibilities on their own expenses.
- -Tuition and Fees: Turkey Scholarship students do not pay any tuition or university fee for education.
- -Health Expenses: Turkey Scholarship students are covered by public health insurance.
- -Turkish Language Course: Turkey Scholarship Students take Turkish language course for one year if they do not have proof of Turkish Language knowledge. Turkey Scholarship students who study in other languages instead of Turkish must also take Turkish Language Course.
- -Transportation: Turkey Scholarship students will get a certain amount of money for their transportation expenses at their first arrival to Turkey and departure after graduation from Turkey.
Selection Criteria: The selection of candidates is carried out according to academic achievement and interview performance. Turkey Scholarships is a program based on academic success of the candidates.
Academic criteria of the applicants will be measured according to these documents: Diploma Grade, General Average Grades Received until the Last Term, University Entrance Exam Grade (if any), High School Graduation Exam / Baccalaureate Grade (if any), International Test Score (if any) and Other Academic Assessment Score
-cumulative GPA: Candidates must have at least for master’s degree and PhD degree applications 75 % and for Medical School applications 90 %
-weighted grade point average over their maximum graduation grade.
Notification: Successful candidates will be invited for face to face or on-line interviews. Information regarding interviews will be sent to candidates’ e-mail addresses that they used for application. Selected students will be awarded with the scholarship in a suitable fields based on the strength of candidates’ academic background.
Deadline: March annually
Further Information: http://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/index.php/en/turkiye-burslari/burs-programlari