Basically, you can be that one lucky doctor or nurse in an African country who gets this opportunity to study travel medicine abroad. Well, entries are ongoing for the IAMAT Travel Medicine Scholarship for health practitioners. The scholarship is designed for students pursuing a travel medicine course.
International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers(IAMAT) non-profit organization that keeps travelers healthy.
Majorly, in an effort to advance global health and travel medicine education, IAMAT awards travel medicine scholarships to healthcare practitioners from countries where travel medicine is an emerging specialty. Also, IAMAT sponsor lectureship grants for clinicians and researchers to present and discuss the latest research in tropical medicine. The scholarships and lectureships are fully funded by generous donations from IAMAT members.
What You Need To Know About The IAMAT Medicine Scholarship
Over 30 scholarships have been awarded since the Scholarship Fund was created in 2002. Well, thanks to the generous donations from IAMAT members, doctors and nurses currently have the opportunity to train at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, the University of Texas Medical Branch, and with the South African Society of Travel Medicine. Past scholars have trained at the University of Seattle, the Kaiser Permanente Honolulu Travel Clinic, and Hainan Medical University.
Consequently, our scholars are now leaders in the field and have helped advance travel medicine in their country. Many have become directors of their clinics while others have introduced travel medicine in their practice. We are very proud of our scholars. They are passionate about travel medicine and dedicated to travelers like you.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
What you need to know About IAMAT Medicine Scholarship in South Africa
Actually, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview . scholarship applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these scholarships does not have an appointed time of closing date, but for candidates applying IAMAT Medicine Scholarship are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarships are available for healthcare practitioners to study travel medicine course. This unique program provides scholars with the knowledge and practice to become certified practitioners in travel medicine. Upon graduation, scholars return to their home country to lend their expertise in travel medicine clinical best practices and improve patient care and local healthcare standards.
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
African health practitioners are eligible and the Scholarships is taken in South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The IAMAT Scholarship Fund is the only one of its kind supporting doctors and nurses (from countries outside of North America, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand) to study and train in travel medicine abroad.
IAMAT will pay for the full tuition, educational materials, local transportation, and accommodations. The recipient is responsible for transportation to and from Johannesburg and any additional miscellaneous costs. Upon successful completion of the course, IAMAT will reimburse the scholar for the airfare (economy class).
IAMAT Medicine Scholarship Eligibility:
Eligibility requirements include the following:
- Applicants must be a doctor or nurse from an African country.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree
Actually, after their training abroad, our scholars return home to teach their colleagues and expand the network of IAMAT-affiliated clinics around the world. They apply their new knowledge and the latest healthcare practices in their clinics, benefitting travelers and local patients alike.
- Travel medicine clinical best practices in pre-travel consultation and post-travel medical diagnosis.
- How to attend to the medical needs of travelers.
- Leadership skills to become a travel health expert in their country.
- Cross-cultural exchanges in medical knowledge, processes, and procedures.
- How to prepare to become a certified travel health practitioner.
Application Deadline: September 30
Course dates: May 8-12, 2020
Clinical observation dates: May 13-14, 2020
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online mode.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- BEST 10 Universities to study Medicine in Germany
- Journalists in Developing Countries (ITM) Residence Program, – Belgium
- Fully Funded: Master Scholarship in Tropical Medicine at Mahidol University, Thailand
- Cardiff University China Scholarship Council in UK
- Western University – Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry scholarships in Canada
- Tips For Successful Graduate Study in the U.S for International Students
- Fully Funded IWMF Reporting Fellowships to Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo
- East African Rhodes Scholarships
- French Embassy Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarship for South Africans
- PPC Bursary in South Africa