The Houston Young Lawyers Association’s Diversity Committee is inviting application for the “Diversity Scholarships Program”. The scholarship is awarding to law students that attend any of the ABA-accredited law schools in Houston. The scholarship is intended to promote increased participation by diverse lawyers in the activities, programs, and projects of the Houston Young Lawyers Association. The scholarship awards ranging from $500-$2,000, announced by HYLA.
The Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA) is a bar association of Houston young attorneys. Our membership consists of lawyers age 36 and under, or 5 years of practice or less, as well as law students. The association mission is to help their members learn, lead, network, and serve.
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must be:
- Law students attend any of the ABA-accredited law schools in Houston.
- Recipient must be attending one of the Houston-area, ABA-accredited law schools.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must write an essay. The essay should be a type-written 500-word essay answering the following question: Why do you believe diversity in the legal professional is important and what have you done to try to cultivate and foster diversity within the legal profession?
- To apply for this scholarship student must fill up the online application form by the given link: http://d3d8dcf7d4e356c17bdb-2e3ed4179ebf762f6d49a038af778c0a.r94.cf2.rackcdn.com/0ac0752e542e4390a6d761f355216c8d.pdf
Candidate must submit a copy of resume to be considered for the scholarship
- To be considered for the scholarship candidates must send the complete packet to: Lucy Cain, Executive Director, HYLA at Lucy_Cain-at-hyla.org.
- Applications shall be addressed to: HYLA Diversity Committee; David Canales and Maryann Zaki, Co-Chairs, HYLA Diversity Committee.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Available amount for Diversity Scholarship is ranging from $500-$2,000.
Applications for the scholarship program will be accepted until 5:00 PM, April 14, 2017.
Link for More Information: