World Health Organization (WHO) is inviting applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
The HR Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advise and support technical units in the preparation and implementation of their Human Resources plan; ensure timely recruitment and effective succession planning;
- Ensure consistent application of WHO Human Resources policies contained in the Staff Rules and Regulations and the WHO e-Manual. Contribute to development and revision of HR rules, regulations and policies;
- Maintain an updated and efficient tracking system to ensure cases are efficiently managed within the allocated timeframe; maintain all necessary records, databases, and statistics to allow comprehensive filing, tracking, and analysis;
- Guide, advise and support internal and external stakeholders in drafting new or modifying existing position descriptions and Terms of Reference and screening applicants;
- Advise staff and supervisors on WHO Staff Rules and Regulations, HR policies, and procedures, administration of entitlements, and ensure the timely implementation of the Performance Management Development System (PMDS) Department-wide;
- Act as the focal point for all administrative questions in relation to the topics covered;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 58,583 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3959 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Essential: A university degree in human resources management, public or business administration, or other related areas.
Desirable: A post graduate degree (Master’s) or certificate in HR management or related field.
Essential: 5 years of position relevant experience in human resources management including practical experience in the area of recruitment/selection, compensation and contract management, ideally some of which in an international context.
Knowledge of human resources management practices, with a focus on recruitment and selection techniques, and performance management, and staff development. Knowledge of other International Organization`s practices in areas of Human Resources would be an advantage.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
- Application should be submitted online.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017