Learn here the easiest ways to acquire sponsorship opportunities for Indian students. Read through this article for the best hacks on winning Indian scholarships.
Scholarships are just like boons for those students who want to pursue more education but are not financially capable. But the question is How do I Get A Scholarship? Well, the answer is here!!! Detailed Procedure to apply for Scholarship is available here.
There are several Indian/Overseas Scholarships for Indian Students that are provided by the government in order to give them a chance to achieve their goals in life. Through Scholarships Students actually earn their Education.
To earn this opportunity here we are describing the whole procedure. Check out the procedure of – How to Get Scholarship for Indian Students and apply for your desired fellowship now.
I’m pretty sure that at the end of this article you will be glad you stumble upon this article, hey !!! don’t forget to share with your friends, they deserve to know too. let’s get down to business.
- What is a Scholarship?
- Types of Scholarships You Can Apply To As An INDIAN Student:
- What to Do with Latest Ongoing Indian Scholarships:
- How To Get An INDIAN Scholarship
- Indian Scholarship Application
- Online Procedure to Apply for a scholarship for Indian students
- Documents Required to Get A Scholarship:
- Best Tips To get Indian Scholarships Easily
- INDIAN SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
- List of Scholarships In India and The Organisations offering them:
- HOW TO GET AN INDIAN STUDENT VISA
What is a Scholarship?
A scholarship is an extremely excellent way to finance your studies and facilitates you to fully concentrate on getting your degree instead of worrying about money issues. Scholarships are financial awards that finance your studies and permits you to focus on getting higher education without worrying about money issues.
Government and many private schools and colleges issue scholarship forms to give financial support to talented and skilled students for completing their higher studies.
Types of Scholarships You Can Apply To As An INDIAN Student:
Scholarships usually revolve around this type of award. People who do extremely well in academics are awarded a scholarship on the basis of their overall educational accomplishment.
This may come in the form of top GPA, excellent SAT scores, and so on. These are extremely competitive and may come in various forms. It is an award for those students who score high on standardized tests.
It is based on a student’s academic and creative abilities and other factors in extracurricular activities. It is provided by the private organizations or directly by a student’s intended college as appreciation.
This type of scholarship is given merely on a financial basis. They are planned to fund the less-fortunate students in their studious pursuits. Scholarship committees look at various reasons for this hardship: Parents’ income, number of siblings in school simultaneously, expenses, cost of living, etc.
It is provided to support students who are economically weak but have the potential to study and score high. Scholarship committees look at various reasons for this hardship such as Parents’ income, the number of siblings in school simultaneously, expenses, cost of living, etc.
Check Now: Scholarship in India
Scholarships are popularly given to star athletes by universities to recruit them for the athletic teams. Many athletes complete their education free of charge, but also pay the price of overworked team sports. Usually, full-scholarship athletes are recruited by “scouts” while in high school. You don’t usually pursue this type of scholarship; it is given to you.
School-Based Individual Scholarships
Every school offers specific scholarships relevant to specifics from the university: donors, individual name scholarships, personal scholarships, and so on. Sometimes you have to apply directly to the scholarship, and other times, just by being accepted, you are placed in the bowl for possible scholarship awards.
Fully Funded and Partial Scholarship for Indians
Many people look at scholarships as a whole and think that they sometimes cover everything. If you are lucky enough to receive a fully-funded scholarship, then yes, they cover living, books, and tuition. However, many scholarships are partial, meaning they may cover simply living, simply books, or part of the tuition.
If you are awarded any type of scholarship, take it and run! They are prized, wonderful gifts, and you should feel honored to receive one. Full hardships cover living, books, and tuition fees and partial covers only fees or some part of fees. It depends on the organization that which type of form they are issuing for scholars.
Career- Specific scholarships
Such scholarships are provided by the college or universities to award talented students who plan to pursue a specific field of study. Organizations like ONGC offer such schemes to hire self motive aspirants and gives placement to them.
What to Do with Latest Ongoing Indian Scholarships:
You need to be aware of such opportunities and grab them by filling that form as per the guidelines provided in the form before the last date. worldscholarshipforum.com is structuring information and attentive about the types of scholarships and their applying process for the appropriateness of students.
How To Get An INDIAN Scholarship
There are several Scholarship Schemes in India and each scheme has its own eligibility requirement. While applying for any Indian scholarship, opens its notification and read out all the details regarding the requirements.
In case, you are not eligible to apply for the fellowship then the scholarship authorities will not consider you for the award. However, don’t give up as stated in our 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country “consistency” is one of the key to gaining a scholarship.
If you are not eligible for one, you will be eligible for the next one in all, one thing I’m certain about is that there is a scholarship for you out there, just keep looking and our portal is rich with such opportunities.
Indian Scholarship Application
With the aim of facilitating scholarship to the students/girls as financial support in their further studies which is awarded upon the various criteria. Many students might be in search of How to Apply for Scholarship??
Aspirants can apply for the Indian Scholarships through the online or offline procedure according to the norms. Scholarships provided by colleges are often chosen for students who suit that particular profile.
Online Procedure to Apply for a scholarship for Indian students
Through Online Mode
Aspirants who wish to apply for scholarship through online process they must follow the below stated steps.
Step 1: Visit The Official Website
- First of all aspirants must go through the official website
- After that find the proper link of the scholarship
Step 2: Select Scholarship Tab
- And choose link ‘Scholarship’ from the home page.
Step 3: Read Eligibility Criteria
- If the particular student is eligible, he/she can proceed with the process
Step 4: Start Registration Process
- Go to the Student Registration option, the screen displays a registration form
- The page carries three columns which are to be filled in by the student who applies for the scholarship.
Step 5: Fill Scholarship Form
- Must fill complete details in the online application form
Step 6: Upload Required Document/ Certificates
- Then Upload your Latest Marksheet, Income Certificate, ID/Address Proof and Latest Passport Size Photograph.
Step 7: Submission Of Form
- Press tab ‘Submit Application’ after filling complete application form.
- Take hard copy of application form for future use.
Through Offline Mode:
- If Aspirants wants to apply through offline mode they need to collect the scholarship form from a particular college
- Then fill the application form with complete details of qualification, academics, residents etc,
- After that must attach the Xerox copies of required particulars / certificates with the form
- After that submit the form at the specified address by post or hand as per the norms within the given time period.
IF THE ABOVE STATED PROCESS IS NOT CLEAR TO YOU HERE IS A QUICK RUN THROUGH OF HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
- Log on to the official website of that particular organization
- After reaching homepage select and hit on appropriate link regarding Scholarship
- Afterward read all the details regarding the requirements and other specifications
- Afterward lookup for the applying process, either Online Or Offline
- In case if the applying procedure is Online then fill up the online Scholarship Application Form and upload all the testimonials required according to the size prescribed
- If the authorities have mentioned submitting the Scholarship application via offline mode then download it into a PDF Format and then take a print out of it
- Fill up the details and attach all the testimonials required
- Afterward, enclose the application into an envelope and send it to the postal address given in the notification.
Documents Required to Get A Scholarship:
- Income Proof Income Certificate Issued by the Competent Authority
- Ration Card
- Mark sheets
- Admission Fee Receipts
- Leaving Certificate
- District Transfer Certificate (Collect Previous College)
- UID & EID document Xerox
- Bank passbook (Xerox copy) (fresh admitted)
- CAP allotment Letter
Best Tips To get Indian Scholarships Easily
Applying for scholarships is a lot similar to applying to colleges. You can start with a large number of possibilities and cut that down to a shortlist of choices. Then you have to complete and submit applications that include essays, proposals, and lists of achievements that draw attention to your best qualities.
Don’t Miss Deadlines: Some scholarships have time limits early in the plunge of senior year. Mark the due dates on your schedule and work your way back to figure out how much time you’ll have to get each piece of the application finished.
Start Your Research Early: Researching scholarships, requesting information and application materials, and completing applications all take time. Use Scholarship Search to get started.
Read Eligibility Requirements Carefully: If you have a query about whether you qualify for an assured scholarship, contact the scholarship guarantor. There’s no point in applying for a scholarship you’re not eligible to receive.
Get Organized: Make a separate file for each scholarship and arrange the files by application due dates. You should also meet the items you’ll need to apply. Many scholarships ask you to propel some or all of the following documents:
- High school transcript
- Standardized test scores
- Financial aid forms, such as the FAFSA or CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE®
- Parents’ financial information, including tax returns
- One or more essays
- One or more letters of recommendation
- Proof of eligibility for the scholarship (for example, proof of membership in a certain group)
You might also need to prepare for an interview. And if you’re competing for talent-based scholarships, you’ll probably need to audition or submit a portfolio.
Check Your Application: Before you send the application in:
- Make sure you filled in all the blanks or columns. You can take help from the scholarship sponsors if you aren’t sure how to fill out part of the application.
- Make sure your answers are understandable. If you can, fill out the application online. If you have to write out the application, print neatly.
- If you’re reusing a cover letter or an essay from an extra scholarship application, make clear in your mind that you haven’t left in any incorrect names.
- Run a spell check and grammar check on the application. Also, have someone else read your essays to catch mistakes and give you feedback.
- Remember to sign and date your application.
Keep Copies of Everything: Having copies of your scholarship application makes it easy to resend quickly if application materials get lost in the mail. If you’re applying for a scholarship through online mode, save the copy of your filled application form
Track the Package: If you’re submitting your application by mail, consider using certified mail or requesting a return receipt to confirm that your materials arrived at their destination.
INDIAN SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Scholarship benefits are not only financial but also help in many other ways. Students who are applying for a scholarship, they must know Advantages of scholarship, how it Support & Helps Student’s Goals? Students mostly think of getting a scholarship for their higher educations.
Many colleges and universities also offer such scholarships which can help good students financially. These Indian scholarships also helps students in achieving their goal and also supports them.
Financial support is the main requirement for every student who wishes to make their career in an outstanding way by their education from the graduate level. For those students, scholarship plays an important role in its unique benefits and makes the students eligible to study hard and accomplish their ambitions. Some of its advantages are as follows:
- Financial Benefits
- Educational Benefits
- Career Benefits
List of Scholarships In India and The Organisations offering them:
|CCB Board||Scholarship Program|
|Department of Sci& Tech||Women Scientists Scheme Scholarship|
|Manipur Department of Higher Education||N.E.C Scholarship/Stipend|
|Metropolitan Education Group||Metropolitan Scholarship|
India & Abroad
|Nagpur Branch of WIRC of ICAI||Late Smt. Sunita Devi Suresh|
Kumar Agrawal Scholarship
|Shanti Foundation||Jyoti Scholarship|
|ShriMahaviraJaina Vidyalaya||Application For General Scholarship|
|South Indian Education Society||SEAT Scholarship Application|
|UCD Ireland||V.V. Giri Scholarship|
|UditGoenka||Internet Marketing Scholarship|
|University of Dundee||Global Excellence Scholarship|
|University of Queensland||India Scholarship|
|Lalco Residency||Scholarship Program|
|British Council||Hornby Scholarships|
|Lovely Professional University||LPUNEST Scholarship Test|
|SOIL||Need Based Scholarships|
|CISB||IGCSE/IB Scholarship Program|
|Sir Dorabji Tata Trust||J.N.Tata Loan Scholarship|
|Inlaks Foundation||Inlaks Scholarships 2018|
|Sir Dorabji Tata Trust||J.N.Tata Loan Scholarship|
|Inlaks Foundation||Inlaks Scholarships 2018|
|FIITJEE||IIT Genius Scholarship Test|
|Bahushrut Foundation||SSC Level Scholarship|
|Bahushrut Foundation||Abroad Scholarship|
|Bahushrut Foundation||HSC/PG Scholarship|
|FIITJEE||FORTUNATE 40 Scholarship Test|
|DTE Maharashtra||SGS Minority Scholarship|
|SOIL India||1 Yr PGP Scholarships|
|UK DFID||Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships|
|UK DFID||Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships|
|Alliance 4 Universities||Mobility Scholarships|
|MploydEdutech||Bihar Talent Search Scholarship|
|Chandigarh University||CUSAT Scholarship Test|
|USIEF||Fulbright-Nehru Academic Fellowship|
|USIEF||Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship|
|USIEF||Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship|
|USIEF||Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship|
|USIEF||Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship|
|Assam Foundation||AFNA Akadamics Scholarship|
|SILF||H.H Dalai Lama Sasakawa Scholarship|
|SILF||Nursing Scholarship For Girls|
HOW TO GET AN INDIAN STUDENT VISA
India offers various kinds of visas, depending on the purpose of the visit. A student visa is a visa specifically for students who desire to come to India for education purposes.
Student Visas are issued for the duration of the academic course of study or for a period of five years whichever is less, on the basis of letters of admission from Universities/recognized colleges or educational institutions in India.
The children of NRIs and PIOs cardholders need not procure a student visa. Other international students need a student visa or research visas for Doctoral level courses.
Where can one get a student visa?
Students need to procure confirmed letters of admission from universities or recognized colleges and institutions. Student visas can be obtained from any of the Indian Missions.
What are the pre-requisites for procuring a student visa?
To apply/ be eligible for a student visa, you need to conform to the following conditions.
If you are on the Government of India scholarship, the respective Indian Missions would be advised by Indian Council for Cultural Relations(External website that opens in a new window) (ICCR) to issue a regular student visa after your admission in an Indian university is confirmed.
However, if you are coming as a self-financing student, you need to produce letters of admission from universities or recognized colleges and institutions in India for obtaining the regular student visa.
If you are coming as a research student, synopsis of the research project countersigned by the sponsoring institution in India along with a letter of approval are no objection certificate from the concerned Ministries in India should be submitted for the necessary visa.
Note: Processing of applications for research may take about three months.
Can I get the visa even if I don’t have a confirmed admission letter?
There is nothing to worry about if your admission is still not confirmed. Students who do not have letters of admission from universities or institutions are issued Provisional Student Visa by the Indian Missions abroad, on the basis of provisional letters of admissions.
However Provisional Student Visa is valid for 3 months. Within these 3 months, your admission needs to be confirmed otherwise you will have to leave India.
Note: No extension of Provisional Student Visa is permitted.
Can I change my University/ College after coming to India?
You need to mention the name of the Institute while applying for the visa, which is then mentioned on the visa. A request for change of university or institution subsequently made cannot be considered. In this case, you would be required to go back to your home country and apply for a new visa.
Students if you want to know more about Procedure to Get Scholarship then stay connected with our web portal and get the latest information from time to time. You can also follow us on Facebook and twitter to remain updated. and if you have any question about any scholarship do well to use the comment box below.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Government of Brunei Darussalam International Scholarships 2020
- Sussex Future Leaders Masters Scholarships in Engineering, UK, 2020
- University of Edinburgh LLC Masters Scholarships for International Students, UK
- International Students Quebec Government Research Internship In Canada 2020
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for Developing Countries 2020
- Top 20 Scholarships To Study In Tanzania
- Monash University Malaysia Scholarships for Undergraduate Students 2020
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships , Undergraduate, Masters & PhD 2020
- Fully-Funded PhD Scholarship for International Students in UK
- Israel Scholarships for International students 2020