Do you like to help others to improve their lives, especially if they are struggling with health problems? A career as an occupational therapist (OT) could be the right choice for you. Learn how to become an occupational therapist.
Do you love science and do you thrive with people? Are you a creative, holistic thinker who feels best when helping others to lead their best lives? Looking for a career in occupational therapy could be exactly what you need.
In this article, we will discuss the following details on how you can become an occupational therapist to decide whether occupational therapy could be a career for you.
- What is occupational therapy?
- What do occupational therapists do?
- What level of education do you need to become an occupational therapist?
- How long are you studying to become an occupational therapist?
- What is the best major subject for occupational therapy?
- How much money does an occupational therapist make?
- Steps on how to be an occupational therapist
- Licensing and certification
- What Schools offer Occupational Therapy
- Boston University
- University of Southern California Chan Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- University of Illinois, Chicago Department of Occupational Therapy
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Occupational Therapy
- Thomas Jefferson University Occupational Therapy School
- University of Florida Department of Occupational Therapy
- Nova Southeastern University, Florida
- Tufts University Department of Occupational Therapy
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- New York University Department of Occupational Therapy
- FAQs | How to become an Occupational Therapist
What Schools offer Occupational Therapy
Below are some of the schools available for you f your dreams is to pursue a career in occupational therapy. Most of these institutions are widely recognized in the United States and the world at large, as being effective training institutions for certified occupational Therapists. Check them out and explore
FAQs | How to become an Occupational Therapist
How long does it take to earn a masters of occupational therapy degree?
A master’s degree is the entry level for becoming a practicing occupational therapist, and admission to occupational therapy degree programs is competitive.
An average master’s degree program takes a student two to three years to complete.
Are there any online occupational therapy programs?
Yes, there are online OT programs. However, according to Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, there are currently no accredited entry-level occupational therapy programs offered entirely online.
Notwithstanding, many OT programs offer some courses or parts of courses online.
What type of bachelor’s degree is required for a master’s degree in occupationa therapy?
Students with a bachelor’s degree in any field may apply to the program. However, having a bachelor degree in a related course and meeting up with the requisite course works will be an added advantage.
Is OT school hard to get into?
You likely aren’t feeling great about not getting into OT school. However, many applicants don’t get into OT school on their first try.
This isn’t because they aren’t cut out to be occupational therapists, but because SO many people are applying to occupational therapy school.
- How to become an occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapy Schools
- Occupational Therapy
Your dream of helping injured persons recover can be achieved. Become an occupational therapist. Explore the tips on how to become an Occupational Therapist