If you are seeking a research grant for students, apply for the Hong Kong Ph.D. fellowship.
The Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) and aims to attract the best and brightest students in the world for Ph.D. study in China universities in Hong Kong.
About the Sponsor: Hong Kong National Research Council
Established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme aims to attract outstanding students in the world to pursue their PhD degree program in Hong Kong’s institutions.
The Research Grants Council (RGC) is an advisory board on research matters to the University Grants Committee (UGC), a non-statutory advisory committee which is also responsible for advising the Hong Kong government on the needs of higher education institutions (HEIs) in Hong Kong, including both research and education.
Level/ Field of Study
Hong Kong Research Grant covers eligible Ph.D. Programmes offered by participating institutions. For details of Ph.D. program offered by individual institutions, please refer to their respective websites (links found above).
The Hong Kong Scholarship is hosted by RGC Hong Kong and can be taken in China universities in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Research Grant is available for international students.
The HKPF provides for an annual allocation of HK $301,200 (approximately $ 38,600) and a conference and exploration fee of HK $12,600 (approximately $ 1,600). The United States) per year and per fellow for up to three years.
Number of Scholarship
250 doctoral scholarships will be awarded in 2021.
For scholarship holders who need more than three years to complete their doctorate, the selected universities can provide additional support. For more information, please contact the relevant universities directly.
Eligibility for Hong Kong Scholarship
HKPFS Applicants who wish to apply for full-time PhDs at the following eight universities, regardless of country of origin, professional experience and ethnicity, should be able to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Applicants must demonstrate exceptional academic performance, research capacity/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
Although the academic excellence of the candidates is a priority consideration, the selection panels will consider the following factors:
- Academic excellence;
- Capacity and research potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership skills.
- Applicants must apply online via the Hong Kong Ph.D. Scholarship System (HKPFSES) electronic system to receive an HKPFS reference number in Hong Kong local time no later than 1 December. before graduation from the University of your choice. ,
- Candidates may select up to two programs/departments at one or two universities for a doctoral thesis within the HKPFS 2021. You must meet the admission requirements of selected universities and programs.
- The application deadlines for certain universities can be directly linked to those of the original application. Applicants must submit their original application as soon as possible in order to have sufficient time to submit the application to the universities.
How to Apply for Hong Kong PhD fellowship 2021
Hong Kong Research Grant applicants should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
Hong Kong PhD fellowship Application Deadline
Scholarships for hong kong university Ph.D. Applications are currently closed.
For more information, visit the Hong Kong Ph.D. Scholarship website.
- Beijing institute of Technology CSC Scholarship in China
- Jiangsu University CSC Masters and PhD Scholarships, China
- Dalian University of Technology DUT CSC Scholarship, China
- Government of China MOFCOM Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Bachelors, Masters and PhD Students
- Chinese Government Scholarships: Xiamen University Scholarships for International Students
- Tianjin Government Scholarship for Overseas Students in China
- UNLEASH Innovative Lab for Young Changemakers China
- MOFCOM Scholarships for Developing Countries In China (Masters & PhD)
- Jiamusi University Scholarships Program in China | Apply