Applications are currently invited for the Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society HIIG Fellowship 2018 in Germany. The Fellowship programme is designed for students pursuing their masters’and phD degrees in Germany. International students are invited to apply.
In 2018, the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow scholars! HIIG are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds and professional experiences who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s trans-disciplinary internet research. HIIG particularly encourage early stage researchers to apply. HIIG offer fellowships that range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2018.
The Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) explores the dynamic relationship between the Internet and society, including the increasing interpenetration of digital infrastructures and various domains of everyday life. Its goal is to understand the interplay of social-cultural, legal, economic and technical norms in the process of digitisation.
The HIIG offers accepted fellows a waiver for all mandatory fees. Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, fellows are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. They must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- writing and publishing papers in one of our open access publications
- commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG Blog posts
- holding presentations in one of our Lunch Talks
- organising expert workshops with your peers
- engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciate
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
Required Application Documents
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including a) your project and how it responds to one of the key areas, b) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
Eligible Regions: Open For All
Fill the application form in the website.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2017