Higherlife Foundation is inviting applications for the prestigious Joshua Nkomo Scholarships for Zimbabwean students. Scholarships are awarded to pursue the undergraduate degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM).
A-level scholarships are for candidates starting Lower 6th and University scholarships are for candidates entering 1st-year undergraduate studies.
Higherlife Foundation is an Africa-based social impact organisation committed to investing in the future of children through Education. The Foundation is working to scale its impact across Africa by raising 2 million African leaders by 2020. The Foundation targets orphans and vulnerable children, as well as students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and focuses its work on education on the three key areas of Providing Access to education, Improving Quality of education and Providing Lifelong Development.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to study undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships will be for Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) studies, and also for other disciplines.
Scholarship Award: 70% of the scholarships will be for Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) studies, whilst 30% is reserved for other disciplines.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Zimbabwe
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Academic Merit as determined by applicant performance in public examinations (mainly ZIMSEC and Cambridge)
- For A-Level applications, a minimum of SEVEN (7) “A” grade passes is required
- For University applications, a minimum of TEN (10) points for females and TWELVE (12) points for males is required.
Nationality: Zimbabwean citizens are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Documentation Required
- Academic certificates/public exam results
- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Character Reference Form (Download Here)
- Character Reference Form to be hand delivered to any Higherlife Foundation office
- NB: Scholarships are for Zimbabwean public institutions only.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 28, 2017.