The Gotha Research Centre is pleased to offer Herzog-Ernst-Scholarship-Programme to doctoral and postdoctoral fellows in Germany.
To pursue this, the Research Centre initiates and supports projects, organizes international conferences, workshops and lectures, as well as offering a stipend programme for researchers from Germany and abroad.
The Gotha Research Centre is an academic institute of the University of Erfurt. Housed in the Friedenstein Castle in Gotha, it is closely affiliated with the adjacent Gotha Research Library, which holds one of the most significant collections of manuscripts and Early Modern prints in Germany.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to doctoral and postdoctoral fellows.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to the fellows who plan on utilizing the collections of the Research Library in Gotha.
Scholarship Award: Research scholarships for PhD students will be awarded for periods of up to nine months (€ 1,100 per month) and postdoctoral scholarships for up to six months (€ 1,600 per month).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Research scholarships for PhD students will be awarded for periods of up to nine months (€ 1,100 per month) and postdoctoral scholarships for up to six months (€ 1,600 per month). Moreover, we welcome in particular applications corresponding to the following grant types: exploration stipends for PhD candidates embarking of their dissertation as well as “text and object” stipends for PhD candidates and postdocs, applying themselves to the relations between texts and objects. Applications for “profile stipends” for projects related to one of the research focus at the Centre are likewise especially welcome. We recommend that you get in contact with the institution holding the relevant collection in advance.
- The Research Centre is particularly happy to receive applications by female scholars. In the case of visiting scholars with children, we are happy to assist in finding appropriate child care.
How to Apply: Applicants are requested to include the following documents to their application:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A brief outline of the project (2-5 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copies of relevant certificates
- A publications list, where applicable
Applications should be submitted electronically to the following e-mail-address: herzogernst(at)uni-erfurt.de.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 15, 2017.