Value and Tenure
The doctoral program is international and cross-university. As a doctoral student, you are part of a vibrant and active scientific community on the Upper Rhine. The scholarships are based in Basel on the approaches of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). Scholarships are initially awarded for one year and can be extended by up to two years if the project is successfully completed. The doctorate can be completed in the subjects general linguistics, German linguistics, French linguistics, Italian linguistics and linguistics of English.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in linguistics.
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
Requirement for the application is a good to a very good degree (MA or equivalent, minimum grade 5.0 according to the Swiss grading system) with a linguistic orientation. As part of an international community, your PhD project should constructively enrich our research landscape. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of your exposé on your research interests and your planned doctoral project.
The citizens of the Switzerland may apply this scholarship.
To apply, please submit the following documents in electronic form:
- Letter of motivation
- Meaningful exposé to the doctoral project
- Certificates (in Basel entitle only the grades “good” or “very good” for doctoral studies) in copy
- Typography (linguistic seminar or thesis)
- A report from a professor, a junior professor, a lecturer or another person with a doctoral right and another reference address. Appraisals must be submitted by the assessor by post (address: Dr Philipp Dankel, HPSL Basel, c / o English Seminar, Nadelberg 6, CH-4051 Basel).
- If available: confirmation of internships, language skills or conference participation
11 February 2018.