Scholarship offers are available at The Department of Psychology at Heriot-Watt University for up to three PhD scholarships to start in the academic year 2017-18. This scholarship is open to UK citizens and eligibility criteria is a noteworthy Information.
Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute. It has campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Psychology.
Scholarship Award: The term of the scholarships is three years. Successful candidates will be expected to make a contribution to activities in the Department in return for a fee-waiver, an annual maintenance allowance (currently set at £14,296 for 2016-17) and a research support allowance of £2,250 over the registered period of study.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 3 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility:Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- All applications will be reviewed within the department with a shortlisting decision made based on qualifications, the suitability of the research proposal and the availability of a supervisory team. Short listed applicants must have the equivalent of a first-class honours undergraduate degree and a Masters degree with a dissertation mark of 65% or higher, or an upper second- class honours undergraduate degree with a Masters degree (with distinction) and a dissertation mark of 65% or higher.
- Applicants who are unsure if their qualifications meet the minimum criteria should contact c.a.murray-at-hw.ac.uk. Please note that possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee shortlisting for interview.
Nationality: Citizens of UK are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: If you have not already studied a degree programme that was taught and examined in the medium of English we require evidence of language proficiency. For IELTS: the minimum overall IELTS score is 6.5 with no score lower than 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
How to Apply: Please submit application via the online portal. In order that your application can be processed, please ensure that all the supporting documents listed below are submitted with your application:
- Research Proposal (approximately 5 – 8 pages)
- Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates
- English Language Requirements
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2017.