The “NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund” (LDF) is glad to invite applications for the prestigious Herbert Lehman Education Fund Scholarship. The scholarship is aimed at providing financial assistance to outstanding undergraduate students who procure a higher education. The program is open to graduating high school senior, a first-year student who is enrolled in an accredited four-year college, or a student who is transferring from an accredited four-year college. The mission of the program is to help talented undergraduate students who need financial help to stay in school and want to successfully complete their bachelor’s degree. The winners of the Herbert Lehman Scholarship will get up to $2,000 per year for four years (a total of $8,000).
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law firm. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first African-American U.S. Supreme Court Justice, LDF was launched at a time when the nation’s aspirations for equality and due process of law were stifled by widespread state-sponsored racial inequality.
- U.S. Citizen
- Graduating high school senior, first-year student in an accredited four-year college, or a student transferring from an accredited four-year college
- Financial need
- Record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download application form go through the given link: http://www.naacpldf.org/files/about-us/Herbert%20Lehman%20Scholars_1.pdf
- Copy of acceptance letter to college you will attend
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of transcript from current school (finalists will be required to submit an official transcript)
- 1 personal statement
- 1 essay
- Copy of SAT and ACT test scores
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (FAFSA)
- Finalists will be required to submit a head and shoulder photograph [Passport Size] when notified
Once you have fully completed the application, sent it in a PDF format to the Herbert Lehman Scholarship at the following email address: scholarships-at-naacpldf.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Herbert Lehman Awards are $2,000 per year for four years (as long as scholars remain in good academic standing) for a total of $8,000.
The application for the 2017 – 2018 Herbert Lehman Scholarship will close on April 1, 2017. Final decisions are made by July 15, 2017. All applicants will be notified
Link for More Information: