The Helmholtz Zentrum München in Munich, Germany, is a member of one of the leading research associations in Europe – the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. The aim of our research is to proactively detect health risks involving humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy.
As the official language of the program is English, German language skills are not required. Interested fellows will be offered opportunities to take German language classes at the Center.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The PFP trains highly talented early-career scientists for leadership positions in health and environment research.
|20044||Nuclear Receptor Genomics||Diabetes|
|20045||S. aureus immunity on the mucosal interplay in skin and lung||Allergy|
|20046||Adipocyte cell surface proteins in the regulation of metabolism||Diabetes|
|20047||Stem Cells, Reprogramming, Epigenetics. The research project aims at underscoring the mechanisms underlying totipotency||Stem Cells|
|20048||Identification of metagenomic and metabolic circuits of the microbiota regulating intestinal immune tolerance||Big-Data-Projects in Allergy|
|20050||Linking cellular metabolism with chromatin||Diabetes|
|20052||Development of functional lactating mammary organoid cultures||Stem Cells|
|20056||Postdoctoral position in our young, dynamic team working in Epidemiology||Allergy|
|20058||Evaluation of beta cells in a humanized mouse transplantation model||Diabetes|
|20059||Beta Cell Regeneration||Diabetes|
|20060||Identity, in vivo fate mapping & genetic manipulations of surface mesothelium stem cells||Stem Cells|
|20062||Molecular mechanisms determining the interaction between malignant hematopoietic stem cells and their bone marrow niche||Stem Cells|
|20064||Specificity, Phenotype and Function of Pancreatic CD8 T Cells in Human Type 1 Diabetes||Diabetes|
|20065||Big Data mining of human microbiome and related datasets to identify microbial effector proteins that affect allergy susceptibility and disease manifestation||Big-Data-Projects in Allergy|
|20066||Regenerative therapy approaches via direct reprogramming||Stem Cells|
|20067||Microbiome Analysis and Multi-Omics Correlates of Atopic Dermatitis (AD) Pathogenesis and Therapy||Big-Data-Projects in Allergy|
|20068||Bioinformatics Analysis and Biomathematics Modeling of Allergy Related Immune Repertoires||Big-Data-Projects in Allergy|
|20070||Pollen and fungal allergens – interactions with environmental factors and impacts on human health||Allergy|
|20073||The effect of biological environmental exposure (pollen, allergens, moulds and bacteria) on allergic sensitization and symptoms||Allergy|
|20074||Effects of pollution and climate on allergenicity of pollen in Europe||Big-Data-Projects in Allergy|
|20075||Impacts of climate change on allergic symptoms and allergic sensitization||Allergy|
|20076||Multi-omics data analysis using integrative computational models||Big-Data-Projects in Diabetes|
|20078||Cell metabolism of hematopoietic stem cells||Stem Cells|
|20079||Dynamics and functional properties of the skin microbiome in communication with the cutaneous response network in atopic dermatitis||Allergy|
Scholarship Award: These are fully funded fellowships.
Number of Scholarships: The program supports up to eight highly talented postdocs in the development of a competitive scientific profile for a successful scientific career in academic research or industry.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: To be eligible for the program, applicants
- Must have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last 3 years
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and
- Must not have been recruited to the Center for more than 6 months.
*Parental leave of up to two years can be acknowledged. Graduate students may only apply if their doctoral thesis has already been handed in and if they will receive their doctoral degree by the start of work at the Center.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, and mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last 3 years.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. For applicants who are non-native English speakers, it is profitable to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the English language by acceptable results in an internationally recognised test (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS).
How to Apply: To apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, please proceed as follows:
- Register with the online application platform by entering your title, academic title, first and last name, email address and a login name of your choice.
- Check your email account and log in at the application platform with the provided password. Please change the password immediately.
- Fill in the application form and upload your documents as pdf files. You can save your application form during the application period. Submission of your application is only possible if all required fields and documents marked with * are filled in or uploaded. Non-required fields and documents are optional but we recommend that you fill in and upload all of these fields. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to assess your application.
- Once all information has been filled in, click the “Preview and submit” button. Check the preview of your application and click the button again to finally submit your application. Afterwards, you will not be able to change your application, but you will be able to check the status of your reference letters.
- Contact your referees and make sure that they provide their reference letters via the application portal one week after the application deadline at the latest.
Please prepare the following documents as pdf files:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including your personal details, current position, education, interest, experience, skills: not longer than 2 pages
- List of publications and presentations
- Certificates: doctoral degree, bachelor´s degree, master´s degree, diploma etc.
- Certificate of proficiency in English (recommended for non-native speakers)
The following documents must be entered into the description fields:
- Research project proposal for up to 3 research subjects, list of project-related publications and motivation for each research subject: altogether up to 9000 characters including spaces
- Letter of motivation regarding your interest in doing a postdoc at Helmholtz Zentrum München, in participating in the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and in pursuing a scientific career: up to 4000 characters including spaces.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is April 30, 2017.