Heinz-Kühn-Foundation is delighted to avail scholarships for young Journalists from developing countries. Eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply for this program
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship holders get
- a lump-sum contribution towards living expenses in the host country (with scholarship payments covering training and living expenses in the host country);
- a lump-sum allowance for flight and travelling expenses (the foundation pays a return air ticket for candidates from abroad);
- an allowance to cover costs of research materials (e.g. literature);
- an allowance for trips within the host country; and,
- (if neccessary, for scholarship holders from abroad) a German language course of up to four months at the Düsseldorf or Bonn based Goethe-Institut.
To be taken at (country): Various countries
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries and Germany
Eligibility: Young journalists from North-Rhine-Westphalia and developing countries are eligible for a scholarship if they satisfy the following requirements:
- have a keen interest in development issues;
- have already gained substantial professional experience in journalism (a completed college education is desirable);
- are not older than 35 years of age; and,
- have a good command of the official language of their host country (candidates from abroad must at least have a basic knowledge of the German language).
How to Apply: Journalists who meet the requirements for a scholarship should first contact the foundation to discuss possible host countries and their topics of interest.
The foundation’s postal address is:
Ministerpräsidentin des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
The following documents should be enclosed with the application:
- curriculum vitae in tabular form and a photograph;
- certificates of vocational training and present occupation;
- foreign languages certificates;
- German candidates should provide a detailed statement explaining their reasons for applying, their choice of host country and proposed topic of research.
- Candidates from abroad should provide a letter of motivation in German.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2017