Many international students borrow student loans to fund their university education. As a result of this, they go into debt while paying back the loan. But, the Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship is for you. The Heinrich Boll Foundation grant, however, will solve the issue of borrowing student loans to finance your education.
Are you in search of aid to go through a university or advance your career? To be honest with you, that dream has not died. Do you know what? The Heinrich Boll Foundation award is fully-funded and there are no age limits to it.
The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany.
- About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
- Overview of what you need to do:
- Scholarship in Germany for Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. Studies
- Eligibility for the Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship in Germany 2020
- What are the benefits of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
- Other Useful Information You May Need About the Scholarship
- How Do I apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships?
- Deadline For The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’) in Germany.
Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
Overview of what you need to do:
Scholarship in Germany for Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. Studies
Unlike undergraduate studies, most Master’s or Ph.D. studies in Germany are fee-based. The costs for postgraduate studies are in addition to the enrollment and confirmation fees. Fortunately, there are a good number of scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. studies in Germany.
Hence, aside from DAAD scholarships which is a German scholarship, Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships is another scholarship opportunity that is available to international students to study in Germany.
Eligibility for the Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship in Germany 2020
The requirements for the Heinrich Boll Foundation grant are:
Level/Field of Study
The Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship is for undergraduate, masters or doctoral programs in any field of study.
The scholarship takes place in Germany at the University of Applied Sciences or the University of the Arts.
The application to this scholarship is open to all nationalities (International students).
What are the benefits of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
The scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship. Thus, the foundation awards complete scholarships to students. You may want to inquire the specifics from the provider.
Other Useful Information You May Need About the Scholarship
Applications are possible before you begin your study program or within the first three semesters.
Doctoral scholarship (Ph.D.)
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country.
- First-generation students, students with a migrant background, or students from universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’). Students in MINT study programs (mathematics, informatics, natural sciences, or technical subjects), especially with an environmental focus (e.g. environmental studies, climate studies, renewable energies, etc.).–journalism program: The program is for students with a migrant background who want to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students in a journalism studies program.
- International students of all subjects in a master’s program or doctoral program, who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany and who would like to study in Germany.
- Special (but not exclusive) focus regions are Central/Eastern Europe, EU neighborhood/CIS; the Middle East/Northern Africa; transition and newly industrialized countries as well as conflict regions worldwide.
- Applications are possible before you begin your Master’s program or within the first semester (at the time of application).
How Do I apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships?
The foundation only accepts online applications. The application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadlines. The application process, including the application form, will be completed ONLINE; additional application documents will be submitted as PDF.
You may visit the application portal (usually available from mid-January or mid-July on www.boell.de/studienwerk).
It is important to visit the official website for complete details on eligibility, application procedures and other relevant details. It is also essential that you read the “Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Brochure” (also found on the official website).
Deadline For The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The foundation holds the application process twice a year. So, there are two application deadlines each year – early March and early September. The application portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which institution holds the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
The host institutions of this scholarship are state or state-recognized Universities in Germany.
What is the number of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
The number of the grant is not specified.
Which group of persons does the Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship target?
The scholarship foundation awards scholarships to international students, both EU and non-EU, who are not educated in Germany.
The cost of education is not an easy task to cater for. This is the reason why some promising hot brains lose out on going to school. But I tell you what? The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships to almost 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities each year to study in Germany.
For you to be qualified for it, you must have excellent academic records and be socially and politically engaged. In addition, you must have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation. These values include ecology and sustainability, democracy, human rights, self-determination, and justice.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.