As an undergraduate or master’s student, we all need funds for our education. If you are a student in Germany, apply now for this scholarship.
The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students from inside and outside Germany.
The application process is held twice a year. The application deadline is 1 March and 1. September.
Please note: We only accept online applications. The application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
What you Need To Know About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’) in Germany.
Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
Overview of what you need to do:
- Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
Scholarship in Germany for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Studies
Unlike undergraduate studies, most Master’s or PhD studies in Germany are fee-based. The costs for postgraduate studies are in addition to the enrollment and confirmation fees. Fortunately, there are a good number of scholarships for Masters and PhD study in Germany.
Hence ,aside from DAAD scholarships which is a German scholarship, Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships is another scholarship opportunity provided to international students to study in Germany.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarship will be offered for the duration of the undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral programme in any field of study.
The scholarship is to be taken in Germany at Universities of Applied Sciences, or Universities of the Arts. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Germany
Application is open to all nationalities (International students) that want to study in the Country universities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is a fully funded scholarship, thus The Foundation awards complete scholarships to students. You may want to inquire the specifics from the provider.
Who is Eligible For the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
The following general requirements apply to international student applicants (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
- You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
- You need a good knowledge of German, and require you provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
- Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
- Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship)
How to Apply For The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
The application form will be completed online; additional application documents will be submitted as PDF.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
Method of Application For The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The foundation only accepts online applications. The application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadlines. The application process, including the application form, will be completed ONLINE; additional application documents will be submitted as PDF. You may visit the application portal (usually available from mid-January or mid-July on www.boell.de/studienwerk).
Please upload your documents as early as possible, as the system can become overloaded in the final days before the deadline. This will help avoid any technical problems which can be caused by increased demand.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete details on eligibility, application procedures and other relevant details. It is also essential that you read the “Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Brochure” (also found on the official website).
Deadline For The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
The foundation holds the application process twice a year. Thus there are two application deadlines each year – early March and early September. The application portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Other Useful Information You May Need About the Scholarship
Student scholarship: Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
Doctoral scholarship (PhD):
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country.
- General: Special (but not exclusive) focus groups are: First-generation students, students with a migrant background, or students from universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’). Students in MINT study programmes (mathematics, informatics, natural sciences, or technical subjects), especially with an environmental focus (e.g. environmental studies, climate studies, renewable energies etc.).–journalism programme: The programme is aimed at students with a migrant background who want to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students in a journalism studies programme.
- International students of all subjects in a MASTER’S programme or doctoral programme, who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany and who would like to study in Germany.
- Special (but not exclusive) focus regions are: Central/Eastern Europe, EU neighborhood/CIS; Middle East/Northern Africa; transition and newly industrialized countries as well as conflict regions worldwide.
- Applications are possible before you begin your Master’s programme or within the first semester (at the time of application).
Sponsors: The Heinrich Böll Foundation, Germany
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Study MBA In Turkey: Top 5 MBA Programs Tuition fees and Their Entry Requirement in Turkey
- Full List of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Holland Scholarship for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD in New Zealand
- Fully Funded: The Korean Government Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students -APPLY
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships is available for local and international undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students in Germany. Check it Out