To contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics, an application is currently ongoing for HEC CommonWealth Scholarships 2020 for Pakistan for Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students.
- About the Scholarship
- Why HEC Commonwealth Scholarships?
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationalities
- How Much is Hec Commonwealth Scholarships 2020?
- Duration of the Program
- HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
- How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship?
- Application Deadline
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
About the Scholarship
The Scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for Ph.D. starting from fall 2020.
Complete details of programs, eligibility and further classification of themes of study offered for 2020 Commonwealth scholarships are below for you to carefully follow.
Why HEC Commonwealth Scholarships?
This Commonwealth Scholarship is for applicants from middle and low-class Commonwealth states, for full-time Masters and doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing Britain’s contribution to the CSFP.
The CSC supports around 700 awards annually. Awards are funded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation, and Skills and the Scottish Government, in conjunction with UK universities.
Level/Field of Study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships is basically for masters degree students and Ph.D. students wishing to pursue a degree in the disciplines mentioned below at any University in the UK. The Disciplines include:
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthening health systems and ability
- Improving Worldwide wealth
- Strengthening International peace, governance, and security
- Strengthening durability and response crises
- accessibility, addition, and chance
Commonwealth Scholarship Programme is hosted by the United Kingdom (UK)
The available countries Eligible for Commonwealth scholarship are commonwealth countries
How Much is Hec Commonwealth Scholarships 2020?
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2020 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) was approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Duration of the Program
The whole period of this scholarship program is valid for one year for Master and three years for PhD beginning with Fall 2020.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
The admission is available under Commonwealth scholarship in the UK for 2020. Standard eligibility conditions are as follows:
- Be described as a Pakistani/AJ&K domestic & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age shouldn’t be significantly more than 30 years for Masters and 35 years for PhD during application.
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year at September/October 2020
- To Master Scholarship, the candidate at the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect of graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA and so forth ) from the appropriate field of study.
- For PhD Scholarship, candidates by the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect of postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree ) from the appropriate field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but the candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes mentioned above and on the CSC website and the candidate’s field of study must be in line with the future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2020 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship?
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in a left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through Electronic Application System (EAS). at:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
- Upload deposit slip of Rs.500/- (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after a successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC) & Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
- HEC might conduct a test/interview or both if possible to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK will not accept direct applications. All of the nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC supports equal chance; for that reason, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will short-list eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and significance of candidate selected field together with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship slots allocated to Pakistani students.
- By hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline won’t be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC is likely to soon be binding and final.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Do not send your hard copies of applications at this stage. Deadline for submission of HEC online application is September 30.
Application Link | Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal
Interested and qualified candidates for Hec Commonwealth Scholarships should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to applyCONTACT US
For further details relevant to Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 & applying online, please visit below-mentioned links:
- Masters: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form62/form_login.html
- PhD: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form60/form_login.html
Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8/1, Islamabad.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020(SHARE)
- Kana Scholarship for Ethiopian Students
- Bangor University, Commonwealth Scholarships for African Students 2020-UK
- Commonwealth Foundation grants for civil society organizations 2020
- 21 Top Scholarships in Nevada
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
- COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS
- $10,000 PEPSI SCHOLARSHIP 2020 | UPDATED
- Employment-Based Scholarship by Higher Education Authority, Ireland
- WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Peter Drucker Challenge Award for Young Professionals Worldwide
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD
- British High Commission Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Physician Assistant Scholarships [UPDATED]
- BAT Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Commonwealth Digital Challenge: Media Tech Accelerator
- Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships in UK and South Africa