SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
HEC CommonWealth Scholarships 2019 for Pakistani Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students
An application is currently ongoing for HEC CommonWealth Scholarships 2019 for Pakistan for Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students. To contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics, and to contribute to UK higher education and foreign policy aims by encouraging collaboration and links.
What you need to know about HEC CommonWealth Scholarships 2019
This Commonwealth Scholarship is for applicants from middle and low-class Commonwealth states, for full-time Masters and doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing Britain’s contribution to the CSFP.
The CSC supports around 700 awards annually. Awards are funded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Scottish Government, in conjunction with UK universities.
Level/Field of Study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships is basically for;
These scholarships can be found under after six topics:
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthening health systems and ability
- Improving Worldwide wealth
- Strengthening International peace, governance and security
- Strengthening durability and response crises
- accessibility, addition, and chance
Commonwealth Scholarship Programme is hosted by the United Kingdom (UK)
The available countries Eligible for Commonwealth scholarship are commonwealth countries
Complete information on CSC programs, eligibility, Advantages and additional classification of topics of study offered for 2019 Commonwealth Colleges can be found at below cited links.
Duration of the Program
The whole period of this scholarship program is valid for one year for Master and three years for Ph.D. beginning with Fall 2019.
HEC CommonWealth Scholarships 2019 Eligibility
The admission is available under Commonwealth scholarship in the UK for 2019. Standard eligibility conditions are as follows:
- Be described as a Pakistani/AJ&K domestic & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age shouldn’t be significantly more than 30 years for Masters and 35 years for Ph.D. during application.
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the start of UK academic year at September/October 2019
- To Master Scholarship, the candidate at final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA and so forth ) from the appropriate field of study.
- For Ph.D. Scholarship, candidate by final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree ) from the appropriate field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in a left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through Electronic Application System (EAS). at:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
- Upload deposit slip of Rs.500/- (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after a successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC) & Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
- HEC might conduct a test/interview or both if possible to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK will not accept direct applications. All of the nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC supports equal chance; for that reason, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will short-list eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and significance of candidate selected field together with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship slots allocated to Pakistani students.
- By hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline won’t be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC is likely to soon be binding and final.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case
The deadline to apply online at both portals is 12th December 2018
Application Link |Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal
Interested and qualified candidates for Hec Commonwealth Scholarships should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to apply
For further details relevant to Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 & applying online, please visit below-mentioned links:
Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8/1, Islamabad.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020(SHARE)
- Kana Scholarship for Ethiopian Students 2019
- Bangor University, Commonwealth Scholarships for African Students 2019/2020-UK
- Commonwealth Foundation grants for civil society organizations 2019/2020
- 21 Top Scholarships in Nevada 2019
- COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS 2019
- $10,000 PEPSI SCHOLARSHIP 2019 -2020 | UPDATED
- Employment-Based Scholarship by Higher Education Authority, Ireland, 2019
- WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarships For Africans
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020