Greater number of Indians can now access education with the HDFC scholarship. The HDFC Bank invites students who are unable to bear the cost of education due to a personal or family crisis to apply for its Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) 2019. This HDFC scholarship application hopes to reduce the school dropout rate arising from the loss of a supportive family member or personal misfortune.
HDFC understands that economic hardship or a crisis in the family can sometimes have a direct impact on the education of children. The impact, in most cases, is them dropping out of school/college/university. HDFC thus set out to provide assistance to these students, so they can get over the difficult situation without adverse impact on their education.
In this post, we provide you full information about the HDFC bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS). The beneficiaries of the scholarship, the benefits of the scholarships, the application process, and the essential deadlines.
The HDFC scholarship is one of HDFC Bank’s way of giving back to the society they have benefited from. The bank believes that the benefits of economic growth need to flow to all sections of society. So, by supporting education, one of the ways to increase the economic and social development of the society, they are promoting economic growth.
However, their intervention focuses on individuals who are economically and socially disadvantaged. Thus, the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) Program is envisaged to provide interim support for children facing a personal/economic exigency.
Meanwhile, HDFC defines this exigent situation as bereavement/death/ terminal illness/permanent disability and loss of job of the breadwinner. This may be due to accident or any such extreme circumstances that have put a strain on the family resources.
Students at various levels of education whose circumstance matches the loss definition above then qualify for funding towards their schooling.
Level/Field of Study
HDFC ECSS aims to cover students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12. The scholarship also covers students studying in undergraduate and post-graduate courses. These students could be studying full-time or part-time degree as well as acquiring a diploma or even courses certification.
Host & Eligible Nationality
HDFC Bank, India, provides this scholarship and it is specifically for Indian nationals alone.
If you’ll like to study in the U.K as an Indian student, however, then check out the Oxford University Rhodes Scholarships for Indian Students.
While the scholarship is for both standard school students and university/college students, the award is not the same for all of them. the HDFC scholarship awards the following to the students:
- School students receive INR 10,000, or their annual school fee – whichever is higher
- College/University students, on the other hand, receive INR 25,000, or their annual fee – whichever is lower, and
- Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after 10th or 12th Standard receive INR 25,000, or their annual fee – whichever is lower.
Also, note that the HDFC scholarship disburses the award in the form of a Demand Draft (DD). This will be made in favor of the school/college/university. In no case shall funds be disbursed in cash or directly to the student.
You may also be interested in the Mext Scholarships for Indian Students. Check it out!
HDFC Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the HDFC bank scholarship, you will have to be:
- A student in standard 6 to 12 in a private, government or government-aided schools. You may also be a student pursuing undergraduate, post-graduate, or Ph.D. courses (full-time or part-time) in colleges. AICTE/UGC/State/Central government rules must recognize these universities/college. Also, you may be a student pursuing Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after completing 10th or 12th Standard
- Facing a personal or family crisis that happened during the past three years. This situation, therefore, leaves you unable to continue bearing the cost of education and puts you at risk of dropping out of school/college/university.
How to Apply
The application process for the HDFC scholarship is online.
The application portal will require you to log in if you have an account, otherwise, you’ll have to create a new account.
After creating an account or logging in, you’ll proceed to fill all the necessary details in the scholarship HDFC application form. Endeavor to upload all the required documents to support their credentials.
Once you’ve completed the application form, submit the form.
The HDFC Bank scholarship does not accept offline applications, so, don’t listen to anyone saying they can help you apply offline.
Meanwhile, the Cherokee Nation Scholarship that supports Indian families is ongoing. You may be interested in it.
- Your last year’s mark sheets
- Address proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Driving License)
- Current Year Admission Proof (Fee Receipt/Admission Letter/Institution ID Card/Bonafide Certificate)
- Bank details of the educational institution (Bank Passbook/Cancelled Cheque) (Information will also be captured in the application form)
- Income Proof Gram Panchayat/Ward Counsellor/Sarpanch issued. It may also be an income proof of SDM/DM/CO/Tehsildar issued. You may also use an Affidavit where you have none of the other two.
- Document/s to prove Crisis (Please refer to Selection Criteria for documents required in each case).
HDFC Scholarship Selection Criteria
Remember that you are only eligible to proceed with the HDFC student scholarship application if you have faced any crisis during the past three (3) years. Thus, you’ll have to submit documents supporting your claim.
Here are the categories of crisis the HDFC bank scholarship considers and their respective supporting documents:
|CATEGORY||DOCUMENT REQUIRED AS PROOF|
|Death of Earning Member||Death Certificate/Slip/FIR Copy (in case of accident cases)|
|Job loss of Earning Member (Due to Accident, Critical Illness, Disability, or other reasons)||FIR Copy/Medical Receipt/Disability Certificate/Medical Documents/Termination letter/Affidavit from Gazetted officer|
|Orphans/Deserted Children||Relevant Document such as Court Order, Letter from the respective responsible agency, etc.|
|Self-employment Failures||Previous and Current Income Proofs|
|Medical Procedures of Family Member/s||Medical Documents|
Additional Scholarship Information
Also, selected students will receive intimation from their nearest HDFC Bank branch to collect their Demand Draft (DD).
You can’t transfer the scholarship in the case of a change in school/college/university.
Furthermore, if you’re interested in the scholarship for another year of study, you’ll need to submit a fresh application and requalify for ECSS. HDFC bank grants the scholarship to students for only for one (1) year and you can get it for a maximum of 2 years.
Also, note that a family is allowed only one application.
If you’re not satisfied with this scholarship, then also see our Top 15 Indian Scholarships.
The deadline for applying for the HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support is 15th July 2019.
However, you should note the following dates:
- The application period starts from the 1st week of July and ends on the 2nd week of August yearly. It is different for this year, however.
- HDFC announces the result of successful applicants on the last week of September on their site: https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/ECSS_scholarship.htm
- The scholarship disbursement of amount takes place on the last week of October.
You can access the online application portal for the HDFC student scholarship and fill the application form using this link: https://www.buddy4study.com/application/HEC6/instruction
You are eligible to receive the HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support as an Indian student in a secondary or tertiary level of education. However, you’ll need to have been struck by some form of crisis in the last three years. You can take advantage of the scholarship for two years and prevent dropping out of school from lack of funds to further your education. However, you’ll have to apply freshly for this scholarship each of these two years.
We Also Recommend:
- Sonali Bank Scholarship | Education Stipend
- Charpak Scholarships for Indian Students
- India Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship|SVMCM
- ICCR Scholarships for Bangladesh Students
- Organizations And Programs That Provide Help for Single Moms
- Mizoram University Scholarship
- GETFUND Scholarships for Ghana Students
- What is Green Degree/Sustainability Degree: Jobs, Salary & Top Schools
- Study In Korea: Korean Government Scholarships
HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support is for secondary and tertiary level Indian students. The HDFC scholarship application reduces dropout rates by providing funds for students who have witnessed crises that took the lives of their sponsors.