Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship
The Federation University Australia is inviting applications for Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from Australian or New Zealand.
The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship was introduced in 2003. The Scholarship is funded by Perpetual Trustees Tasmania Ltd who administers the estate of the late Harold White Carroll.
Harold Carroll was a grazier in Coleraine, Victoria and on his death in 1998 a fund was established to provide a scholarship for deserving students from the Western district of Victoria to allow them to continue their studies.
Applicants must be former pupils of primary or secondary schools in the Western District of Victoria with preference given to former pupils of Port Fairy Consolidated School, St Patrick’s Primary School (Port Fairy), Balmoral High School, Balmoral Consolidated School, Coleraine Primary School or St Joseph’s School (Coleraine).
About the Sponsor: Federation University Australia
Federation University Australia (FedUni) has a strong tradition of education and training delivery spanning nearly 150 years. We are the nation’s first regional, multi-sector university and the third oldest site of higher learning in Australia.
FedUni offers an increasing number of higher education, TAFE, secondary schooling and research opportunities. With campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, our programs are also delivered online and via a range of partner institutes across Australia and around the globe. A student support center is also based in Malaysia.
The University has around 20,000 international and domestic students. We are committed to serving regional Victorian communities, yet have a broad national and international outlook. We offer the best of both worlds; combining a strong tradition of tertiary education with the freedom and dynamism that comes with being a multi-sector university with close links to local industry and technology.
What You Need To Know About The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship at Federation University Australia
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
FedUni is recognized as a welcoming and friendly university for international students. We place great emphasis on the quality of our teaching and learning, delivering a range of innovative programs through both our Higher Education and vocational education and training.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to pursue their study in Australia.
The scholarship is to be taken in Australia to study at Federation University Australia. If you are an international student and you wish to study in Australia, this is for you Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements
Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa. Commencing or continuing full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting $3000 per annum for up to 3 years
Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this scholarship you must fit into the following categories:
- Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, and holders of an Australian Permanent Resident Visa, and
- Students studying Year 12 in Western District.
For further information view Harold Carroll Selection Criteria(pdf 86kb) document.
How To Apply For The Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship
Your application must be submitted online using the Harold Carroll Application Form
Please note: The application will need to include the following. Please ensure you have these things ready when completing the online application.
- A 600 word or less statement providing evidence of the applicant’s determination and diligence towards the study and future study, even though you may not necessarily have been amongst the highest achieving students. As well as what you hope to achieve at University
- Letter of reference from your current school
- Letter of reference from prominent community representative (optional)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 26 October 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Curtin University Merit Scholarships in Australia 2019
- Petroleum Engineering Scholarship | ECU First Cohort Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2019
- Monash University Malaysia Scholarships for Undergraduate Students 2018/2019
- ECU School of Engineering Research Scholarship
- International College of Management Undergraduate Scholarship in Sydney, Australia
- Switzerland International Masters Scholarship 2019
- Vietnam International Education Development
- East Carolina University(ECU) Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship
- ECU Business and Law Dean’s Honours Scholarship
- APPLY: Mount Lawley Teachers College Memorial Award