Searching for scholarship in the United States as an undergraduate student? Hagan scholarship is providing the medium for college students to receive financial assistance to fund their education. Check out this opportunity and apply.
About Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a scholarship available based on need and merit for students with high academic records and who must have graduated from a public high school in a county with fewer than 50,000 residents. The nationwide scholarship is available for college or university for high achieving, self-motivated students the first semester after their high school graduation and provides up to 6000 dollars every semester for up to eight consecutive semesters to the beneficiaries to help settle their college bills for a period of four years. The scholarship is available on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, regardless of applicant’s race, creed, colour, sexual orientation, religion, disability or sex.
The Hagan scholarship 2019 is to be hosted in United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
The Hagan scholarship is worth $6000 every semester for the whole duration of studies making a total of $48,000 for the 4 years of studies.
The Hagan scholarship are available to local students who are citizens of the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offer in Hagan scholarship 2019 was not stated. Its selection criteria is strictly based on merit.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be considered eligible for this scholarship program, the following requirements must be fulfilled;
- Applicant must be a legal U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must have attended or be a final year senior of an eligible Public High School.
- Applicant must be a student in the 2019 high school graduating class.
- Applicant must have obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicant must have scored 23 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1 150 on the SAT.
- Applicant must enroll at an eligible four-year college in the first semester following high school graduation.
- Applicant must work 240 hours in the twelve months before the start of college; from August 2018 to August 2019.
- Applicant must complete the FAFSA in 2018 using 2017 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed 6 500 dollars.
- Applicant must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony.
General Requirements from Beneficiaries
- Beneficiaries must live on campus the first semester of college unless a waiver is obtained from HSF.
- Beneficiaries must join at least one campus organization during the first semester of the freshman year.
- Beneficiaries must maintain a four year or less graduation schedule.
- Beneficiaries must declare an academic major by the junior year of college.
- Beneficiaries must complete 14 credit hours each fall semester.
- Beneficiaries must complete 30 credit hours each academic year, excluding summer school.
- Beneficiaries must achieve a 3.00-grade point average each semester.
- Beneficiaries must maintain a 3.25 cumulative grade point average after the first semester.
- Beneficiaries must attend mandatory Free Summer Workshops.
- Beneficiaries must fulfill Schwab Account Responsibilities.
- Beneficiaries must not incur non-educational debt in excess of $10,000 without HSF prior approval.
- Beneficiaries must apply for eligible Federal, State, and Institutional Grants.
- Beneficiaries must comply with HSF Policies, and beneficiaries must not act in a manner which brings discredit upon HSF, its Grantor, Trustee, employees, volunteers, other scholarship recipients, the college or university attended by the recipient, or recipient.
Mandatory Submittals and Scholarship Disbursements
This must be completed and submitted by 20th September each year. After this date, the award amount will be determined and disbursed by November 1 to beneficiaries’ college or university. Disbursements are determined using a two-semester academic year.
- Confirmation of Four Year Graduation Schedule.
- Recipient’s Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Bill for Tuition, Fees, Room and Board.
- Current FAFSA Student Aid Report (all pages).
- List of Enrolled Courses and Scholarships.
- Employment Report documenting 240 hours of work.
- Recipient’s Financial Statement.
- Annual Progress Report. (Second, Third, and Fourth Year Recipients Only)
- FERPA Agreement. (If recipient transferred to another college or university)
- Confirmation of membership in a campus organization. (First-year recipients only)
The school must mail a hard copy of recipient’s Official Grade Transcript to HSF after completion of Fall Semester. The recipient’s return address is not required on the school envelope. No Electronic Or Emailed Transcripts Will Be Accepted. Transcripts not received by July 1 will result in the student losing their scholarship unless a waiver is provided by HSF. The recipient’s return address is not required on the school envelope.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING REGULAR MAIL AND EMAIL TO HSF
USPS – Regular Mail Instructions: The Return Address must first show recipient’s four-digit HSF Identification Number, then Last Name, comma, First Name; followed by recipient’s First and Last Name, Current Address, City, State, and Zip Code. DO NOT send mail requiring a signature.
Send emails to: [email protected]
Scholarship Application Procedures
All application is to be done online. During the Hagan scholarship application, the applicant needs to create a username and password to enable them to access the scholarship application. The link can be found at the scholarship official website or through this direct link
Applicants must check their financial eligibility with FAFSA (https://fafsa.ed.gov/) by providing the dollar amount of their Expected Family Contribution (EFC). If selected as a finalist, an updated copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) must be provided in the spring of 2019 using 2018 Tax Information.
Click on the Submit Button at the bottom of page 2 to submit your application. Recipients are expected to fulfill the mandatory 240-hour work requirement between August 2018 and August 2019.
- For Question 26 answer “High School Diploma” which you will have prior to college enrolment.
2. For Questions 29 answer “Never attended college / 1st Year.”
You can begin the application for Scholarship and also get more information about for Official Rules, by clicking on the Official scholarship website: https://haganscholarships.org
Application Deadline of Scholarship
The deadline for application for the Hagan Scholarship is 5:00 PM, CST, 15th November, 2018. The new deadline for the next application will be announced on the scholarship website.
What to do after Application
After the online applications have been submitted, the applications are reviewed for completeness, compliance with the given instructions and eligibility. Those who pass this first phase of the tests are requested to provide supplemental information in February 2019 and the applicants are notified of the status of their applications.
The successful applications at this stage are read, evaluated and ranked in March 2019 and winners are awarded the scholarships by the Grant Committee in April 2019. The applicants are notified of the status of their applications.
Hagan Scholarship PDF
There is a list of eligible colleges and universities for the Hagan scholarship. An eligible college or university is a traditional not-for-profit four-year college or university accredited by one of six regional accreditors in the United States.
For the list of eligible colleges or universities and their information, please follow the link:
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Seeking for a scholarship? Are you an undergraduate in the US? Hagan Scholarship in USA, 2019 is now available for students to obtain financial support. APPLY