SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Institute for European Studies (IES) is inviting applications for the HACU Institute for European Studies Abroad Scholarship 2017. The program is open to students who are currently attending a Hispanic-Serving Institution that is a member of Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU). The mission of the IES Abroad educates students to become global leaders through premier study abroad and internship programs, which offer students worldwide experiential learning opportunities that meet the highest standards of academic quality. The Institute for European Studies (IES) will provide up to $2,500 for summer and up to $5,000 for the semester.
The Institute for European Studies (IES)’s vision for the future remains connected to the original IES Abroad program in the 1950…a world filled with interculturally competent leaders who have both the understanding and skills to effectively, humanely, and positively navigate across different cultures, in politics, education, business, or the non-profit sector.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Apply to/ accepted to and enroll in the summer, semester or academic year IES Abroad program. (J-Term programs are not eligible).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Priority is given to first generation college students and/or Federal Pell Grant recipients.
- Standard programs only. Customized programs are not eligible for IES Abroad financial aid.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant may submit online application through the given link: https://www.iesabroad.org/study-abroad/financial-aid/apply-now
- Student Aid Profile: Upload a document that shows all of the following information about your current aid situation
- Personal Statement: Submit a creative personal statement of no more than 500 words describing your goals for studying abroad in your selected location.
- Return Requirement:
- If awarded one of these scholarships, at the conclusion of the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors.
- Once submitted, this statement becomes the property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications.
- Additional Application Requirements are as the following:
- Apply to an IES Abroad program
- Complete the IES Abroad Aid Application
- Upload an essay on the following topic: The American novelist Ralph Ellison said: America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Their fate is to become one, and yet many. This is not prophecy, but a description. In an essay, describe the ways you believe that study abroad will benefit from a diverse student body and why this is important to American higher education.
Financial Aid and Award Amount:
The Institute for European Studies (IES) will provide up to $2,500 for summer and up to $5,000 for the semester.
The annual deadline is May 1, for Fall/academic year and November 1, for spring/calendar year.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact by email to study-at-IESabroad.org.