GWIS National Research Fellowship Application
Nominations are invited for the GWIS National Scholarship Program to be studied at any institution in the United States or abroad. Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The National GWIS Scholarship Program is proud to offer scholarships in 2019 to help increase knowledge of the natural sciences and encourage women to pursue careers in research.
The mission of GWIS fellowship is to create a global community to inspire, support, recognize and empower women in the field of science.
The National GWIS Scholarship Program is proud to offer scholarships in 2019 to help increase knowledge of the natural sciences and encourage women to pursue careers in research. Endowment funds, generated mainly by legacies, provide the annual income that supports the scientific research carried out by the GWIS award winners. For the 2018-2019 funding cycle, we distribute approximately $ 5,000 in research grants to five women scientists who deserve it.
About Graduate Women in Science
GWIS (Women Graduate in Science) is a national professional organization whose objectives are:
- Advance women in the field of scientific research.
- Recognize people who have made outstanding contributions to scientific research or teaching.
- Promote scientific research through scholarships, scholarships and scholarships.
The organization was created in 1921 and has from 17 chapters with more than 1500 members. Our chapter, Madison (originally Beta chapter), was created in 1922.
The National Scholarship Program has existed since 1935 and grants 10 to 14 scholarships and scholarships of $ 1,000 to $ 10,000 per year.
GWIS also publishes newsletters for members and sponsors an annual national meeting.
The stock exchanges are known as Sigma Delta Epsilon (SDE), Eloise Gerry, Ethel K. Allen, Vessa Notchev, Jean Langenheim, Monique Braude, Nell I. Mondy, Elizabeth Weisburger and grants from Hartley Corporation. The person nominated with the highest number of SDE scholarships will be known as the Adele Lewis Grant / SDE scholarship winner and the second highest-rated scholarship will be designated the winner of the Hartley Corporation / SDE scholarship. The funds available for a given year correspond to the income and contributions to the endowment accounts. The amount varies from year to year. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to award a prize if there is no satisfactory candidate present.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
All You Need To Know About Gwis Fellowship
Level / Field of Study
GWIS fellowship are available to conduct research in the United States.
Membership in GWIS is open to anyone, regardless of sex, who meets the following criteria:
- Have a degree or higher in a scientific discipline.
- You are currently conducting research or conducting research in the past.
The GWIS fellowship can be taken in the United States or abroad.
Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the GWIS fellowship.
The amount of the scholarships will not exceed $ 10,000 or the specified funds requested in the proposed budget. Any application submitting a budget request in excess of $ 10,000 (or more than $ 1.00) will be rejected.
Eligibility For GWIS Scholarship
The following criteria must be met in order for candidates to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Scholarships will be awarded to women with a degree from a recognized higher education institution, with an outstanding research capacity, who conduct hypothesis-based research at any institution in the United States. United States or abroad.
- The candidate’s career level (for example, graduate student or assistant professor) will be taken into account during the examination of the proposals.
- Prizes will be awarded regardless of race, religion, nationality, creed, national origin, sexual orientation or age.
- The GWIS scholarship application is available free of charge to current GWIS members as a benefit to members. For non-members, a $ 50 application fee is required. Scholarship applicants who are not yet GWIS members can join GWIS with a basic one-year subscription at a discounted rate of $ 40. Please note that Member approval may take up to 48 hours. If you want to be a member of GWIS, do it (ideally) at least one week before the scholarship deadline.
- The need for funding for research is a demand requirement. No project that has been fully funded will be eligible for prizes. All pending funding sources must appear on the application and the reviewers will consider them when evaluating the financial needs of the project.
What May This Award be Used for?
Fellowship funds can be used for things such as:
- consumable supplies
- small equipment to be used by the recipient (not for general purposes)
- publication of research results
- Travel and stay during field studies.
- Go to another lab for collaborative research
- Undergraduate staff (up to 1/3 of the total amount requested)
These costs must be clearly justified in the proposal and be an integral part of the research design.
Funds cannot be used for the following:
- go to professional meetings or to start a new appointment.
- go to another institution to attend classes
- vital subsidy
- general purpose equipment
- laptops and/or personal computers
- indirect costs
Please be aware that Supplemental Documentation may be required:
- If human or animal subjects are used, an internal committee on animal affairs should evaluate the work, and committee approval should be included in the application. If approval is pending at the time of application, documentation of approval must be provided to the Scholarship Committee before granting a scholarship.
- Research that involves collections in the field must show proof of appropriate collection permits. If approval is pending at the time of application, documentation of approval must be provided to the Scholarship Committee before granting a scholarship.
- Research that involves cooperation with scientists from other sites/laboratories should include evidence of this collaboration (ie, a letter from the host scientist).
- A maximum of USD 10,000 can be requested. Any proposal requesting more than $ 10,000 will be rejected.
Terms of the Award
- The scholarship period will be one academic year (from July 1 to June 30). The beneficiaries are not eligible for scholarships in the following years, although they may submit applications with a proposal or a project that is very different from that for which they had previously received a GWIS scholarship.
- All the work of the proposal must be done by the IP of the grant. The candidate for the scholarship will be the one who will do the work, instead of using the scholarship to support a person who does work for him (for example, a teacher can not use the funds of a fund to support a graduate student).
- The winner of a prize will send a summary of 100 words or less with a recent photo (.jpg file) to the editor of the GWIS Bulletin ([email protected]) as soon as the prizes are announced. This will be used for publication in GWIS‘s quarterly national publication, The Bulletin, and on the GWIS website. Scholarship recipients should also submit a non-scientific summary, which will be used to raise awareness and promote GWIS activities.
- The recipient of the prize must follow the outline of the initial proposal. If a major gap is essential, the approval of the Scholarship Committee must be obtained.
- If, for any reason, the recipient can not initiate or complete the project, the unspent funds must be returned to GWIS.
- At the end of the scholarship, a one-page progress report and the annual expense report must be sent to the previous president. The supervisor of the winner of the scholarship must sign both documents and the previous president must receive them no later than May 15, 2019. Any summary or separate impression of the proposed work must accompany the progress report. Please send both documents to [email protected] If the research lasts more than a year, it is necessary to present an annual progress report acceptable to the Scholarship Committee.
- The recognition of the support for a prize is requested in the relevant publications, oral presentations and the curriculum vitae of the winners.
College Admission Requirement
- Admission criteria: women graduated from a recognized institution of higher education, with outstanding and promising research capabilities, will be rewarded and will conduct hypothesis-based research in all institutions, in the United States or abroad.
- English language requirements: applicants from outside the country of origin will often have to meet specific language requirements in English or other languages in order to study in that country.
How to Apply
- Application form: keep in mind that the page of the application form has a 45-minute deadline. Therefore, we recommend preparing the answers to the longest questions in advance in a separate word processor.
- A PDF file that contains (note that there is a size limit of 30 MB):
- Summary of the proposed project (written for a non-specialist, maximum of 200 words, source of 12 points, margins of at least 0.75 inches).
- Project description. The description should be sufficient to allow a critic familiar with the general field of work to evaluate the underlying hypothesis and the methods that will be used in the experimental approach. The descriptions should include: a verifiable hypothesis, specific objectives, the importance of the project for the field of study of the candidate, a detailed description of the experimental techniques and the methods that will be used to test the hypothesis, including innovative approaches. a brief overview of the background and preliminary data, an analysis of the expected results, their interpretation and possible problems. This section must not exceed four written pages, excluding references and illustrations. If applicants wish to include numbers in the main section, they will count towards the four-page limit. The description MUST be written and with a size no less than 12 points. The descriptions can be single or double. The margins should be at least 0.75 inches. More than 4 pages, too small characters, photocopy cuts or “copy and paste” to compress more material will disqualify an application.
- Budget proposal and budget justification. The scholarship funds can be used to:
- expendable supplies
- small material to be used by the recipient (not for general purposes)
- Publication of research results.
- Travel and stay during field studies.
- go to another laboratory for collaborative research
- payment for undergraduate assistants (no more than 1/3 of the total budget requested)
- Compensation of study subjects.
- Recommendation letters. Two letters are required, one from an advisor or department head, and another qualified to assess the applicant’s ability to complete the proposed research. An electronic signature should be included if possible. Ask the referees to send their letters before January 4, 2019. Although letters of recommendation continue to be accepted until 11:59, Eastern Standard Time, on January 11, 2019, they urge you to strongly suggest your referees should send their letters early enough to make sure we receive those letters on time.
- Contact Information for Institutional Official to manage the expenses of your grant, if applicable. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be asked for the annual report in May 2019. Please note that this information will be included in the application form.
To apply, visit our GWIS Fellowships Application Portal
Deadline For GWIS Fellowship
The deadline to submit applications for all GWIS fellowship is 11:59 am Eastern Time on January Yearly.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 15 Scholarships For South African Students To Study In Australia
- Geology Scholarships, 2018-2019 | Study Abroad
- 21 Masters Scholarships for Statistics 2019-2020 [Apply Now]
- 71 Scholarships for International Students in Europe 2019-2020
- 22 Undergraduate Scholarships For Economics Students 2019
- Master Mind scholarships for International Students in Belgium 2019-2020
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Engineering Students 2019
- 17 Women Scholarships for International Students
- Premed Schools in Texas 2019-2020 | UPDATED
- 25 Business Administration Scholarships 2019-2020 for Undergraduate Students
- Top 15 International Scholarships for Nigerians to study in Canada 2019-2020
- 10 Aquatic/Marine Science Scholarships For International Students 2019-2020
- University of Limerick-KBS Taught Postgraduate Scholarships in Ireland