These scholarships are awarded in the fields of science, engineering, agriculture and management science. The aim of the Scholarships is to provide financial help to the students of the aforementioned fields, who are coming to study in China.
About GSCAAS Scholarship
The GSCAAS Scholarship was established by GSCAAS to promote prestigious international students and scholars with outstanding academic achievement for continuing studies or conducting CAAS research.
The Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is a higher education institution specialized in higher education. As a training branch of CAAS, GSCAAS was ranked among the primary schools in China with its overall competitiveness in the disciplines of agriculture.
GSCAAS focuses on agricultural research and rural development through technological advancement and offers 53 PhD programmes and 65 Masters programmes in four key areas: agriculture, natural sciences, engineering and management science, covering 17 major disciplines, of which 10 are at PhD level and 17 at Masters level.
GSCAAS Scholarships are available for Master and Doctoral programs in the fields of science, engineering, agriculture and management science. Get access to other Postgraduate scholarships, click on the link
The GSCAAS Scholarship 2019 is hosted in China. If you are an international student and you desire to study in China. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in China
The scholarship award includes the following benefits
(1) registration fee (will be charged after admission);
Master student / PhD student: 600 yuan / person; Guest Researcher / Chief Mediator: 400 yuan / person.
(2) tuition fees:
Master student / visiting scientist: RMB 30,000 / person / year; PhD Student / Principal Investigator: RMB 40,000 / person / year. The annual tuition must be paid at the beginning of each school year.
(3) insurance costs: 800 RMB / year;
(4) accommodation cost: 1500 RMB / month for a student;
The GSCAAS Scholarships 2019 is made available for international students from all nationalities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
International students who wish to apply for GSCAAS scholarships are expected to fulfil the following entry requirements:
- Candidates must be a non-Chinese citizen,
- Must be healthy and willing to comply with Chinese laws and regulations,
- must be able to meet the requirements of education and age as follows:
- Master programs: Bachelor and under 35 years old;
- Doctoral programs: Master and under 40 years old;
- visiting scholar: has at least two years of undergraduate studies and is under 35 years old; (Re). Senior Visiting Fellow has a master’s degree or higher degree or academic title as an associate professor or higher and is under 40 years old.
- fluent in English and/or Chinese.
- Candidate must have Knowledge of English and/or Chinese Language.
Please submit the following documents in one package, whether electronic or paper. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
- CAAS Study Requirements Form (download attachment);
- Photocopy of the personal passport information page (minimum period of validity 2 years);
- Higher Diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Copies of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two professors or experts with the same title in related fields;
- Curriculum vitae and research proposal (not less than 400 words for visiting scientists, not less than 500 words for doctoral students);
- Photocopies of the summary of the dissertation (full document required if written in English) and representative academic documents;
- Review of current employer or work unit (NOK letter);
- Examination Form for Foreigners (please submit a medical examination to the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance. Applicants with a confirmation letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
Note: All application documents cannot be refunded, regardless of the applicant’s admission status.
The application deadline every year is 25th December 2019. You can know more about the GSCAAS by clicking on the following link.
Why study in China?
- A recent economic and industrial hub and the driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialized East.
- Top quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable with the very best school in the world.
- A huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees are lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and a beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world most dynamic trading centre.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and International Recognition
- Travel and exploration.
How to apply for Chinese Student Visa
- You may apply for Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as JW201/JW202 form ) and original physical examination record.
- Make sure that your admission notice, JW202 form and physical examination record (within the validity of their visa, holders of X2 Visa do not need to present the record after arrival in China) is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Chongqing.
- International students who will study in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain an X1 visa, while students who will study in China for less than 6 months may apply for an X2 Visa.
An X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a residence permit within these 30 days in order to obtain legal status in China at Chongqing Municipal Public Security Bureau. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship for College Students in Philippines, 2019
- JFUNU Scholarships for PhD Students from Developing Countries 2019
- LIST OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS IN JAMAICA 2019 FOR HOME AND FOREIGN STUDENTS
- Nest Scholarships for Intermediate and Bachelors Students in Pakistan, 2019
- International School of Lusaka Scholarships
- Dalda Scholarship Grants for Pakistani Students, 2019
- 2019 COURTS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS
- SWUFE President’s Full Scholarship for Non-Chinese Students in China, 2019
- Jinggangshan University Scholarships for Non-Chinese Students in China, 2019
- Qingdao Government Scholarships for International Students in CUP, China, 2019
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.