SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Sokoine University of Agriculture is making a call for applications for Green Resources for Livelihood Improvement PhD Scholarships in Tanzania 2018.
The aim of the scholarships is to support higher education and training of Tanzanian scholars working or with the potential to work in research and academic institutions.
Successful PhD candidates will register as full-time PhD students at SUA and will have an opportunity to take PhD level courses and specialize laboratory analysis and other types of training at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) in Denmark.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for within the fields of phytochemistry specifically on identification and characterization of antimicrobial active ingredients; antimicrobial resistance, quality assurance and the market for GRPs in Tanzania.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, a monthly stipend and research costs based on successful deliverables.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
There are four (4) PhD scholarships available.
Tanzanian students are eligible to apply.
- PhD #1 and #3: Holders of MSc in Natural products and Value addition, Phytochemistry, Analytical chemistry, Ethnopharmacology, Biology, Ethnomedicine, Traditional medicine or other equivalent master degrees with proven experience with analytical chemistry.
- #2: Holders of MSc in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Ethnopharmacology, Microbiology, Biology or Biotechnology or other equivalent master degrees with proven experience in research on antimicrobial resistance.
- #4: MSc in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Agribusiness Management, MA in Economics-Minor Agricultural Economics or other equivalent master degree.
- Knowledge in Entrepreneurship, qualitative and quantitative data collection and advance econometrics will be an advantage.
20th April 2018
Potential applicants are to submit the following:
- Motivation letter,
- Curriculum vitae maximum two pages (including information on academic carrier and specialization and publications),
- Academic transcripts and certificates,
- Three names of academic referees whereby at least one of them being the immediate work supervisor, and a 2-3 pages concept note on one of topics above relevant to His/her application. The concept note should contain an outline of the problem statement and rationale for the proposed study, objectives, methodological approach and outputs.
How to Apply:
Submission of the applications should be electronically.
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link