SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been submitted for the Graduate Students Global Leaders Fellowship in USA 2018/2019, all applicants are expected to have completed submission of their applications before the deadline as stated.
The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) at the George Washington University who will return to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at the GW.
The scholarships are available for pursuing the fellowship in a Graduate program (master’s and doctoral)
The scholarship is hosted by the George Washington University, USA.
Global Leaders Fellowship is targeted for the students of China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States and Vietnam can apply for these fellowships.
Three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2018-19. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates. A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better).
The Fellowship is valid for one degree only. Fellowships apply to the fall and spring semesters. Awards for the summer sessions are by petition only and subject to available funding.
The number of offers was not specified.
This Global Leaders Fellowship is applicable for
- Students holding an F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only) and who are from the following countries or regions (chosen based on protocol arrangements and areas of the world underrepresented at GW) are eligible to apply: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States and Vietnam
- Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible: College of Professional Studies, Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, Elliott School of International Affairs, Graduate School of Education and Human Development, School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible) and School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Please note that permanent residents, resident aliens and U.S. Citizens are not eligible for this fellowship. Applicants must have an F-1 (J-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions.
- Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified incoming GW full-time graduate degree program seeking students who have gained admission to the University and whose program is on the main Foggy Bottom Campus. Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process.
- No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application, including payment of their application fee. Fellows may hold a F-1 visa (other visas are not eligible. J-1 visas are eligible for Fulbright applicants only). As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
- Preference will be for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.