The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic (“Ministry of Education”) is inviting applications for a government scholarship to a nationals of a partnering country to partially cover the costs associated with studies at a public university located in the Slovak Republic.
Eligible Countries: All Slovak partner countries
To be taken at (country): Government of the Slovak Republic
About the Award: Slovak government scholarships, under OECD-defined conditions for conducting official development assistance, include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status.
Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia’s official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community. Act No. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on amendment of certain acts and Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Decree No. 50/2016 defining the details of awarding government scholarships entered into force on 1 January 2016. The Slovak government adopted the Medium-Term Strategy for Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic for 2014 – 2018 and the Objectives of Bilateral Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic 2017, which committed the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in Section B.1 of Slovak Government Resolution No. 83/2017 to deliver on the objectives of bilateral development cooperation by awarding government scholarships.
Type: Government scholarship. Research
Eligibility: A government scholarship may be awarded to a national of a partnering country who
- temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10)
- temporary residence as a third party national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or
- the right to stay on the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period in excess of three months,12)
- a full-time student at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the academic programs contained in the notice defined in Subsection 2 who demonstrates command of Slovak at the level required by the given public university, or
- a participant in language education for the purposes of university studies (“language education”)
and c) as of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
- is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a first-level or second-level academic program or an academic program combining first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program or
- is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: This scholarship offers students monthly scholarship and stipends
Duration of Scholarship: A government scholarship is awarded a) over the standard duration of studies in the given academic program, b) for ten months in the case of language education, c) during the months between the completion of language education and registration for studies in the given academic program or between the end of studies in one academic program and registration for studies in another academic program, if 1. the participant in language education completes language education or a student completes studies
How to Apply: The deadline for submission of online application form is available on the website: www.vladnestipendia.sk
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.
Award Provider: Government of the Slovak Republic