Have you been looking for Scholarships in India and it has been so difficult for you? Now out of the blues, the government of India has made great arrangements and come up with a good scholarship for College students, and also University Students.
The Indian government is now offering a Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Program for Colleges and University Students (CSSS).
The scholarship rate is 10,000 rupees a year at the final level for the first three years of university and university courses and 20,000 rupees per year at the postgraduate level.
The objective of the program is to provide financial support to deserving students to finance a portion of their daily expenses while completing their graduate studies. This does not mean that there is no government scholarship for undergraduate students.
The annual goal is 82,000 scholarships per year (41,000 for boys and 41,000 for girls), which have been divided among state education boards according to the state’s population in the group. From 18 to 25 years.
Students who are above the 80th percentile of the candidates selected in the corresponding category of a given Class XII Exam Board and who continue the regular course without the benefit of any other scholarships are eligible for this program.
About Government Scholarships for College and University Students in India
The Central Sector Scholarship Program for College and University students are covered by the Direct Transfer of Benefits (DBT) in which the scholarship is paid directly into the beneficiaries’ bank account.
To qualify for a scholarship under the Central Sector Scholarship Program for College and University students, you must present proof of Aadhaar’s possession or pass the Aadhaar authentication before the 30th of July 2020. Until Aadhaar is assigned to the person, the following alternatives can be used:
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
- Application made for Aadhaar enrolment
- Voter identity card
- Permanent Account Number
- Driving License
- Certificate of identity having a photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on official letterhead;
- Identity Card issued by the college or institute or university
- Any other document with a photo specified by the State Government.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University students has been integrated into the National Scholarship Portal http://www.scholarships.gov.in/ since the 1st of August, 2015, after the date on which Class XII students passed out, students submit their application online.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available for Graduate, PostGraduate and Professional courses. These scholarships are actually awarded to study the subjects proposed by the university.
Aside from the Graduate scholarships the Indian Government offers, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The scholarship is hosted in India.
The scholarship is for Indian citizens. Indian citizens can apply.
The scholarship rate is 100,000 rupees per year at the last level for the first three years of university and university courses and 20,000 rupees per year at the postgraduate level. Students pursuing professional courses will be paid 20,000 /per year in the 4th and 5th years.
The Central Scholarship Program for University and University Students is a scholarship program with the following eligibility:
- Students who represent more than 80% of the successful applicants on Class XII
- Selection Panel in the corresponding data stream
- Follow the regular course
- With a family income of fewer than 6,000 rupees a year
- No other scholarships received
How to Apply
Before registering on the National Scholarship Portal, the following documents must be kept:
- A booklet to complete the bank details,
- A card number Aadhaar) a valid mobile phone number
- An email identifier,
- where applicable, a caste certificate
- A disability certificate, if applicable.
Once your personal information is complete, students must select the “Post-Matric” option from the drop-down menu and then the “Central Sector Scholarship Program for University and University Students” program.
Click here to apply
Entries for application is usually December.
- BPCL Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies in India
- Aspire Scholarship Scheme for Postgraduate Students In India
- TATA Trust Loan Scholarships for Indian Students
- ICSSR Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chandranna Bima Scholarship Scheme in India
- Sir Ratan Tata Trust Group Scholarship in India
- International Scholarships at University of Southern Indiana in USA
- Kch Foundation Scholarships
- Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Top 15 Indian Scholarships [UPDATED]
- LIST OF INDIAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Reckitt Benckiser Mavericks Case Challenge