The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is open for applications. The Ireland Scholarship Program is an established national initiative funded by the Ministry of Education and Skills and managed by the council.
The program is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other funding channels for postdocs in the Irish ecosystem.
Its features include:
- Individual and prestigious awards for excellent research on behalf of the applicant;
- An objective selection procedure involving independent and independent international peer review;
- Funding in all disciplines, from archeology to zoology;
- With the exception of non-targeted bottom-up research grants funded by our strategic funding partners.
The program offers exceptional students the opportunity to direct their own research from the beginning of their career with a supervisor in their area of interest.
Successful Ireland postgraduate scholarship applicants who become academics under the program are known to have the potential of world-class future researchers in research and the quality of their ideas.
About the Sponsor: Government of Ireland
The Government of Ireland is the cabinet that exercises executive authority in Ireland. The Constitution of Ireland vests executive authority in a government which is headed by the Taoiseach, the head of government. The government is composed of government ministers, all of whom must be members of the Irish parliament.
The Taoiseach must be nominated and approved by the Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Oireachtas, the Irish legislature. Following the nomination of the Dáil, the President of Ireland appoints the Taoiseach to his role.
More About the Ireland Scholarships 2020
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
Level/ Field of Study
The Government of Ireland scholarships cover postgraduate programs
Ireland postgraduate scholarship is been hosted by The Government of Ireland and can be taken in Ireland.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Applicants will belong to one of two categories: nationality and place of residence.
For category 1, the BOTH must fulfill both criteria:
- National of a Member State of the European Union OR of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
- Usually resident in a Member State of the European Union or in Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland for a continuous period of three out of five years before 1 October 2020.
All other candidates fall into the second category.
Aside from the Ireland Scholarships 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Successful Ireland postgraduate scholarship applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- An allowance of € 16,000 per year
- A contribution from outside the EU up to € 5 750 per year
- Eligible direct research costs of € 2,250 per year
Number of Scholarships
The number of Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2020 is not specified.
Duration of the Government of Ireland scholarships
- Research Master – 1 year
- Master of Structured Research – 2 years
- Traditional promotion – 3 years
- Structured doctorate – 4 years
- Value of the stock market
Eligibility for the Government of Ireland scholarships
To qualify as Ireland postgraduate scholarship applicants:
- You Must have an honorary title or equivalent. If the results of the Bachelor’s exam are not known at the time of application, the Board may propose an interim scholarship, provided the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is a first or second degree. If a fellow does not have an honorary degree or equivalent, he or she must have a master’s degree. The Council decision on the eligibility of an applicant for these criteria is final.
- Not have had two unsuccessful applications including strategic partner topics for the program;
- In the case of applications for a research master’s degree, not having or already having a council scholarship;
- In the case of applications for a doctoral degree, have no other scholarship or have exercised previously than that which would have enabled them to obtain a master’s degree in research.
How to Apply for Ireland Scholarships 2020
Potential candidates should carefully read the general conditions for 2020 to see if they qualify or not. The indicative versions of the application, supervisor, and referral forms are for information only. All Ireland postgraduate scholarship applicants must create and submit their forms through the online system.
Ireland Scholarships 2020 Application Deadline
The Last Date to Apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship 2020 was Friday, 29 March 2020.
- Milliman Opportunity Scholarship 2020
- 25 Scholarships for International students in Ireland 2020
- SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland 2020
- Irish American Home Scholarship 2020
- Undergraduate Scholarships program at UCD in Ireland, 2020
- Central Bank of Irish Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
- Fully Funded PhD Fellowship for International Students in TCD, Ireland, 2020
How do I appy for Ireland government scholarship?
Potential applicants should read the 2020 Terms and Conditions carefully on the Ireland Government website to ascertain whether or not they are eligible
What are the eligibility criteria for Ireland government scholarship?
> Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Degree For Master’s Programs and the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first-class or upper second-class honors.
> Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent Degree For Doctoral Programmes.
> Also, result awaiting students can apply.
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Do you want to study in Ireland as a postgraduate student? The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is open for applications.