The Government of Alberta is delighted to invite applications for the Jason Lang Scholarships. The Scholarships is established in the memory of Jason Lang, a 17-year-old high school student who was killed in a school shooting. The scholarship recognizes and rewards Alberta post-secondary students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
Alberta is a western province of Canada. With an estimated population of 4,067,175 as of 2016 census it is Canada’s fourth most populous province and the most populous of Canada’s three prairie provinces. Its area is about 660,000 square kilometers (250,000 sq mi). Alberta and its neighbor Saskatchewan were districts of the Northwest Territories until they were established as provinces on September 1, 1905.The premier has been Rachel Notley since May 2015.
Alberta is bounded by the provinces of British Columbia to the west and Saskatchewan to the east, the Northwest Territories to the north, and the U.S. state of Montana to the south. Alberta is one of three Canadian provinces and territories to border only a single U.S. state and one of only two landlocked provinces. It has a predominantly humid continental climate, with stark contrasts over a year; but seasonal temperature average swings are smaller than in areas further east, due to winters being warmed by occasional chinook winds bringing sudden warming.
With so much advantages associated with Alberta, there is no doubt that this province is a place where many would love to study. The province of Alberta is a place of opportunity, and this have been shown over the years as there have been increasing number of testimonies from students who are studying there. There readily available student jobs for students in Alberta and there are high chances of getting employed within the shortest possible time after graduation. So why wait, Hurry and apply for this Government of Alberta Jason Lang scholarship right now!!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
Established in memory of Jason Lang a high school student who was killed in a school, The Jason Lang scholarship have continuously supported students financially in their academic pursuit. Over time, the number of students on this scholarship scheme keeps increasing over time a clear indication of a high acceptance rate and clear proof that anyone can get this scholarship including you
LEVEL OF STUDY:
The Jason Lang scholarship is for Undergraduate studies
FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship is for Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada
The Jason Lang scholarship is worth over $1,000
The following criteria must be met by students applying for this scholarship
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person of Canada
- Be an Alberta resident as defined by Alberta Scholarships, according to the Scholarship Act
- Be a continuing full time in an undergraduate or professional program in Fall 2017 and/or Winter 2018 at an Alberta post-secondary institution. You’re eligible if you are in an official co-op work term, internship or exchange program offered by the University of Calgary in Fall 2017 and/or Winter 2018
- Achieved a minimum 3.20 GPA calculated on the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms (a minimum of 24.00 units)
- For further information on eligibility, please see the Jason Lang Scholarship website
- If you’re enrolled in Open Studies or Graduate Studies, you’re ineligible
- Courses completed at another institution are not combined with University of Calgary courses for eligibility; spring or summer term courses are not considered
- If you attended another post-secondary institution last year and are transferring to the University of Calgary in 2018/2019, you must contact your previous post-secondary institution for information about your Jason Lang Scholarship eligibility this year
How do I apply?
Submit your completed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
Many other scholarships and awards are offered by other organizations – and we encourage you to visit Alberta’s university and college websites to research the scholarships that they offer. For a listing of Alberta’s public post-secondary institutions, visit:
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
The application deadline for this program are as follows
Fall Deadline: September 30, 2018
Winter Deadline: January 15, 2019