Entries are now submitted for the Government of Ireland Africa Agri-food Development Program (AADP) 2017. This program is in line with the ministry of Agriculture commitment to promote Agricultural activities in Africa.
Application Deadline: 17th August 2017.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
About the Award: The Objective of the AADP is to develop partnerships between the Irish Agri-Food Sector and African countries to support sustainable growth of the local food industry, build markets for local produce and support mutual trade between Ireland and Africa.
It is intended that any investment by the AADP will be catalytic support with co-funding from the private sector. The fund is designed to leverage greater expertise, experience and investment from the Irish agri-food sector and projects should demonstrate results with a long-term developmental impact that will ultimately lead to sustainable benefits through investment by the private sector.
Irish agri-food expertise is extremely wide-ranging and examples of suitable AADP projects include:
- Business development
- Production system
- Technology Transfer
- R & D
- Project Management
- The partners involved must include one Irish registered agri food company and one local commercial entity in Africa;
- The project must be commercial in focus;
- AADP funding will not exceed 50% of the costs of the project;
- Projects will be supported in the following countries – Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria Malawi, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
- Funding from the AADF must bring about additionality and not replace existing funding;
- AADP funding is up to a maximum up to a maximum of €250,000 per company for a full project or €100,000 for a feasibility study.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Possible funding of up to €250,000 in total per company
How to Apply: Applications to the Fund (doc 90Kb) are now being accepted through the official application form only.
A seminar to provide prospective applicants with further information will take place in July 2017 in Dublin. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invite.
Award Providers: Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.