Offers are up for Scholarship opportunities by the Government of Iran to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students to study in Iran in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Scholarship promotes research and publication on science and technology promote cooperation among the Member States on education and training as well as youth participation in the integration of the continent and acts as the Secretariat for the Scientific Council for Africa.
The Objectives of the AU to achieve greater unity and solidarity between the African countries and the peoples of Africa; defend the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of its Member States; accelerate the political and socio-economic integration of the continent.
Course Level: The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of Masters (MSc), or Doctorate (PhD) degrees in the following Engineering, Science and Mathematics.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Science (Hardware Engineering)
• Computer Science (Software Engineering)
• Electrical Engineering
• Geo-Sciences (Mineral Exploration)
• Geo-Sciences (Petroleum Geo-Sciences)
• Information and Communications Technologies
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Medicine and Health Sciences
• Molecular Biology
• Space Sciences
Scholarship Award: This is a fully funded scholarship.
Scholarship can be taken in the Iran
Eligibility: The scholarships are open to:
All qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa, especially as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
Candidates applying for MSc programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
• Undergraduate degree from a recognised university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
• Maximum age of 26 years.
Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
Admission Requirements for PhD Programmes
Candidates applying for PhD programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
• A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognised university
• Maximum age of 31 years.
Nationality: African students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by email to Fattya-at-africa-union.org.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivations for applying. Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six months valid)
• Clear coloured passport size photograph (3*4)
• Recommendations from 3 Professors
• Health Certificate
• Completed Application Form
• Applicants for PhD programmes are required to send in a 3 to 5-page research concept note.
Application Deadline: around September 2017