SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Offers are uo for Google Policy Fellowship program for undergraduate, graduate, and law students. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: international students
To be taken at (country): In Host Organizations (North America; Africa; Asia Pacific; Middle East)
Eligible Field of Study: undergraduate, graduate, and law students interested in Internet and technology policy
About Fellowship Program: The Google Policy Fellowship program offers undergraduate, graduate, and law students interested in Internet and technology policy the opportunity to spend the summer contributing to the public dialogue on these issues, and exploring future academic and professional interests.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work at public interest organizations at the forefront of debates on broadband and access policy, content regulation, copyright and creativity, consumer privacy, open government, government surveillance, data security, data innovation, free expression and more.
Fellows will be assigned a lead mentor at their host organizations and will have the opportunity to work with several senior staff members over the course of the summer. Fellows will be expected to make substantive contributions to the work of their organization, including conducting policy research and analysis, drafting reports and white papers, attending government and industry meetings and conferences, and participating in other advocacy activities.
Eligibility Criteria: For students who are passionate about technology, and want to spend the summer diving headfirst into Internet policy. Students from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to Internet and technology policy
- Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
- First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Award: Fellows will receive a stipend of USD 7,500 in 2017.
Duration of Fellowship: Individual host organizations will set exact start and completion dates, however, the timing will be early June through mid/late August.
How to Apply: Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2016 to be eligible to participate in Google Policy Fellowship program in 2016.
Along with the application form, applicants have to submit and fill the following information:
- Personal Information
- Current Education
- Education History
- Personal Statement: Provide us with an essay outlining your qualifications for and interest in the program, including relevant academic, professional and extracurricular experiences. As part of this essay, explain what you hope to gain from participation in the program. (750 word maximum)
Visit fellowship Webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: Google