Applications are now been submitted for the Google Hash Code team-based Programming Competition 2020, eligible applicants are to ensure that all applications are submitted before the deadline for this program. Hash Code is one of the three competitions that Google holds for participants of all skill levels.
Description of Google Hash Code Programming Competition
Hash Code is a team programming competition, organized by Google, for students and professionals around the world. You pick your team and programming language and we pick an engineering problem for you to solve.
Google’s team-based programming competition, Hash Code, allows you to share your skills and connect with other coders as you work together to solve a problem modeled off a real Google engineering challenge!
In small teams of two to four, coders all over the world will tackle the first problem through an Online Qualification Round. Though this round is hosted online, teams can come together to compete side-by-side in locally coordinated Hash Code hubs.
The top teams from this round are invited to join us at an international Google office for our annual Hash Code Final Round.
This year’s contest kicks off with an Online Qualification Round, where your team can compete from wherever you’d like, including from one of our Hash Code hubs. Top teams will then be invited to a Google office for the Final Round.
For each round of the competition, we’ll present a problem and your team will write a program that generates a solution. Your team can submit as many solutions as you’d like using the online Judge System, and a live scoreboard will let you know how you stack up against the competition.
Top scoring teams will win cool Google prizes because of course, you can’t host a programming competition without something to work for! Convinced?
Google Hash Code Program is a technology-based Competition designed for students and professionals around the world
The host institution for the Hash Code Program is Google
The Google Hash Code programming competition 2020 is opened to international participants from specific countries
- Hash Code is open to university students and industry professionals in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Participants compete in teams of two to four. Registration is free of charge and will close on 26th February 2021 at 18:00 CET.
- The only thing you need for the Online Qualification Round is a computer connected to the Internet.
- Google will announce the problem through a YouTube Live Stream, please check that your computer is able to play YouTube videos beforehand.
- The Judge System will be available as a web application, compatible with recent web browsers.
- For the rest of your computer setup, you’re free to use the tools and programming languages of your choice.
Travel and Accommodation:
- Participants will be responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodation. Participants will be able to apply for a travel grant from Google (between 100 and 500 EUR) in order to help offset these costs.
- If selected, participants will receive the grant after the Final Round takes place.
How the Google Hash Code program works
Once you’ve registered for the contest, you’ll gain access to our Judge System. The Judge System is our online platform where you’ll form your team, join a hub, practice, and compete during the rounds.
During the Online Qualification Round, you’ll watch our YouTube live stream to be introduced to the problem, and your team will have four hours to solve an optimization problem using the programming language and tools of your choice.
Teams can compete from a local hub or another location of their choice. The top teams from the Online Qualification Round will be invited to the Final Round at a Google office, where they’ll work together to solve another challenge and compete for cash prizes.
Online Qualification Round
Thursday, 1st March 2021 18:30 to 22:30 CET Your team will be tasked with solving a challenge created by Google engineers using your own computer and programming language and tools of your choice.
For this round, your team can compete from wherever you’d like, including from one of our Hash Code hubs. Final Round Top scoring teams from the Online Qualification Round will be invited to the Final Round at Google Dublin.
We’ll present a second challenge, and the winning teams will be awarded Google prizes. Application Deadline: 26th February 2021 at 18:00 CET.
- €7,000 Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2020 | APPLY
- Google Bold Internship | Updated
- Google Online Marketing Challenge 2020 APPLY
- Google BOLD Immersion Program for United States, 2020
- Top 10 Most Searched Universities on Google in the World
- Google News Lab Fellowship [Updated]
- Software Engineering Internship With Google for BS, MS or Ph.D. students
- Google Africa Ph.D. Fellowship Program for African Graduate Students | 2020