SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Google every year helps innovators of the future to be the best in what they can do better by providing scholarships for Computer Science students with disabilities, in conjunction with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Recipients of the Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function). This deﬁnition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2018-2019 school year)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions
Application deadline: Apply here by Deadline: December 1, 2017
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.