SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Google AI Residency Program — previously known as the Google Brain Residency Program — is a 12-month research training role designed to jumpstart or advance your career in machine learning research. This program is looking for people who want to learn to conduct machine learning research in collaboration with their researchers. The research teams are looking for coding abilities in either Python or C++ and exposure to machine learning or deep learning; or applications of machine learning to NLP, computer vision, speech, systems, robotics, algorithms, optimization, on-device learning, social networks, economics, information retrieval, journalism, or health care. All residents will be paid a competitive base salary and bonus. If the residents require relocating for the residency, Google will also provide a relocation bonus to assist them in the move to the Bay Area (or other location, if needed).
- Learn and understand a large body of research in deep learning and/or machine learning algorithms.
- Work with research mentors to formulate research project(s) and/or novel application(s) of machine learning.
- Conduct research and publish it in competitive venues.
- Implement algorithms in TensorFlow.
Residents will also have the opportunity to work alongside distinguished scientists and engineers from various research teams.
- BA/BS degree in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in calculus, linear algebra, and probability, or their equivalent.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: C/C++ or Python
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning, applications of machine learning to NLP, computer vision, speech, systems, robotics, algorithms, optimization, on-device learning, social networks, economics, information retrieval, journalism, or health care.
- To apply, you must Login to your google account.
- Please read all instructions below and submit the following required materials:
- Cover Letter
- Your application should show evidence of proficiency in programming and in prerequisite courses, notable performance in competitions, or links to an open-source project that demonstrates programming and mathematical ability. Your application should present a interest in the field. This can be demonstrated through links to publications and blog posts, or implementations of one or more (even slightly) learning algorithms, including an explanation for what makes it novel.
- Step 1: Prepare the following documents to complete your application:
- Current CV (including links to GitHub, papers and/or blogs if applicable).
- Cover letter including a statement on why you think you’d be great for the Google AI Residency Program.
- Transcripts from your most recent degree.
- Step 2:
- Click on the “Application link” on this page or the ‘Apply Now” button on the official page to provide the above required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated resume.
- In the “Optional Section:” attach your cover letter that includes a statement on why you think you’d be great for the Google AI Residency Program. This section is mandatory for the program even though it is optional, as noted on the website, for other jobs at Google.
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current unofficial or official transcript in English. (Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.)
- Note: Google will ask you to provide a Letter of Recommendation once you have passed an initial review. If so, please have your recommender submit their letter to the following link.
Application Deadline: January 8, 2018