Global Young Academy Call for New Members
The 2020 call for new members to the Global Young Academy 2020 is now open. Applications are required by young independent researchers who combine the highest level of research with a proven passion for impact. The World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need to be in the Global Young Leaders Academy 2020. Take your time and go through this article.
The Global Young Academy is the voice of young scientists from around the world. They are involved in a wide range of programs around the world to help young researchers, to make science accessible to the general public, to conduct political debates and to promote international and interdisciplinary cooperation. The members are elected for a five-year term based on academic excellence and commitment to science and scholarship for the benefit of society.
Each GYA member must attend the GYA Annual General Meeting each year and actively participate in one or more of the organization’s programs, including participation in policy development, promotion of national youth academies and support for science and education at the conference. international level. GYA is an active organization and membership requires time from each member. If nominees are selected as new GYA members, they should be available for attendance at the next ordinary general meeting from April 29 to May 3, 2020, in Halle (Germany).
Here is a list of some World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
All You Need To Know About The Global Young Leaders Academy 2020
The Global Young Leaders Academy is hosted in Germany.
There are other Germany Scholarships available for International students in 2020.
The Global Young Academy 2020 is open globally for everyone.
Aside from the Global Young Leaders Academy 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Co-financing of travel for Official Development Assistance (ODA) members is available.
Eligibility For The Global Young Leaders Academy
- The call is open to leading, early-to-mid-career researchers, scholars, and scientists from around the world.
- Scholars working in any research-based discipline, including the sciences, medicine, engineering, social sciences, the arts, and humanities can apply
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of excellence in their discipline.
- Applicants should provide evidence of interest or experience in one or more of these areas.
- Applicants should be in the early years of their independent careers.
- The majority of the GYA’s members are aged 30-40 and the typical period from completion of a Ph.D. or similar degree is 3-10 years. Applicants falling significantly outside these ranges may be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- In particular, applicants who do not fit this typical profile due to career disruptions are encouraged to apply.
The GYA is a global organization that places a high value on its diversity.
- They encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
- All applicants receive consideration and will not be discriminated against with regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disabilities, or other factors.
- Applications from women, minority groups, researchers in the social sciences, arts and humanities, and scholars working in government, industry, and non-governmental sectors are particularly welcome.
All applicants are judged against 3 factors:
- ‘academic’ excellence, judged by research record; publications and citations; career history; awards and prizes; and any other relevant information provided.
- ‘non-academic’ excellence, judged by: engagement with industry, business, government and the general public; successful commercialization or widespread adoption of research; starting a successful research-based company, and other relevant factors provided.
- commitment to ‘service’, as shown by: demonstrated support for young researchers at a national level; launching or holding a senior role in a national young academy; public communication of science or scholarship; and commitment to the goals of the GYA.
How To Apply For Global Young Academy
Applications should be completed personally by the candidate and must be accompanied by a letter of support.
Online application form: This form asks for basic biographical information and includes several short essay questions. The following documents must be uploaded with your online application, as one single PDF document:
- CV: Maximum length of 4 pages. Judges are instructed to ignore any material over the 4-page limit. Your CV should contain a brief education and employment history and make your achievements clear to a general audience. For example, a few words summarising your most significant publications are more useful than a complete list of every paper that you have authored.
- Data Protection / Declaration / signature of applicant. Download document here.
- Letter of support: Please arrange for the submission of at least one letter of support for your application. Your referee(s) should be familiar with your research career and able to comment on your standing as one of your country’s leading academics. If possible, one letter should come from your national academy or equivalent body. If this is not possible, or you wish to supply additional letters of recommendation, these should come from your employer, research institution, or another professional person familiar with your work. Personal or character references are not required. Letters should be written personally by your referee(s) in their own words. Please supply the document “Instructions for Referees” (below) to your referees.
Please note that the deadline for sending these letters is 29 September, Yearly.
Deadline For Global Young Leaders Academy
The deadline for application is September 29, Yearly. After which further applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Global Young Academy.
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- German Chancellor Fellowship Programme
- Partnership Scholarship for International Students in Germany
- 2019 International Internship Competition in Germany
- Talent Meets Bertelsmann in Germany
- Merck Innovation Summer Internships for Masters & PhD Students
- Pernod Ricard Fellowship for African Artists | UPDATED
- DAAD TU Berlin Summer University Scholarships
- 15 Scholarshps for Uganda in Germany