German’s GIZ is inviting applications for Internship opportunities for international students.
For their operations in Germany/Eschborn, they are looking for a/an Intern (m/f) in Financial Systems Development and Insurance.
Climate change has a negative impact on human habitat and nature. In this context the need for integrated management strategies for the prevention and mitigation of climate risks in order to reduce the financial consequences of extreme weather events increases.
The lack of adequate risk transfer mechanisms is a major reason for societies not being able to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and maintain achieved Millennium Development Goals. Climate change induced catastrophes, or even increased weather variability can undo progress reached in poverty reduction, threaten food security and often require liquidating investments; they reduce employment, force migration of wage earners as well as disenrollment of school going children. Large-scale events such as severe droughts or floods can affect entire societies, thereby posing an extra-budgetary strain, quasi-fiscal liabilities and reduced macro-economic performance, in addition to the social impacts. Therefore, better and widely accessible indirect and direct insurance and risk transfer products on that respond to the needs and capacities of developing country populace as well as governments are key for stable economic development and poverty reduction.
- You will receive a remuneration of EUR 1.520,- (gross) per month.
- GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
- You have just completed your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics or Disaster Risk Management or related fields or are nearing completion of your Master’s program.
- You can demonstrate some experience in financial sector development, especially insurance from internships or university works
- You have gained experience through internships or exchange semesters in developing countries.
- You have a very good command of spoken and written English
- You have good knowledge of the standard Microsoft Office applications.
- You have above-average organizational skills, structured thinking, efficient and self-organized and can be quickly and dive comprehensively into new topics.
- Mutual interest and availability given, the internship can be extended to six months.
Eligible Regions: Not specified
Please go to the Apply Now section in the bottom of this post to apply for the internship.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017