The Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFUND) has started accepting applications for all qualified Ghanaians for the 2019/2020 scholarships for the following academic year.
The scholarship is open to all graduates with a first degree who want to register for the master’s degree at a foreign university when the 2019/2020 tertiary education calendar starts in August/September this year.
What about GETFUND?
One of the Ghanaian government’s initiatives to support education is the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund). This is a public trust established by a law of Parliament to provide additional funding to the Scholarship Secretariat for the awarding of scholarships to gifted but needy students for second cycle studies and accredited tertiary institutions in Ghana.
GETFund is released by the government and is received by the Ghana stock exchange secretariat, which later oversees redistribution to help students who need it the most.
GETFUND scholarships 2019 not only support students in high school and university by paying their tuition fees but also by supplementing the education sector with educational resources.
Level/Field of Study
GETFUND is available for students to pursue Masters degree program in any field of study in a foreign university. If you are a Ghanaian student, Check out the scholarships available for Ghanaian students
GETFUND scholarship 2019 is hosted by the government of Ghana. you can access other amazing opportunities to study in Ghana by clicking on the link of the best universities in Ghana
Every Ghanaian who holds a first degree is eligible to apply. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship has benefits that amount to a full scholarship which include paid-tuition and other expenses taken care of.
GETFUND scholarships in 2019 have no specific number of offers.
Eligibility for GETFUND Scholarships
However, all prospective applicants/ students would be expected to meet other basic requirements to be considered for the Ghana Education Trust Fund Scholarship.
The requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Application letter
- Proof of Nationality
- Copy of Admission letter to the foreign school you intend to attend.
- Fee Schedule from the school abroad
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of 1st-degree certificate from the University you attended
- Copy of the previous transcript from the university you attended which should be duly endorsed by the school as a true copy.
- Copy of National Service Certificate you were issued after completing the service.
Scholarship Application Procedures
When applying for a government grant you must follow a detailed procedure, in which you must answer all questions and fill in all forms to get the grant. Nevertheless, below are some of the important points that you should pay attention to when applying for GETFund scholarships from the government:
- You must complete the application form in three,
- Submit it to a scholarship registrar, via,
- Registrar of the institution of the applicant.
These must be accompanied by the following documents:
- 3 passport photos, standard passport size, with the name of the applicant on the back.
- A legitimate or certified duplicate letter of admission from the applicant.
- Medical certificate obtained from a government medical officer for public health.
- A synopsis or brief description of the research topic that shows your topic.
With this in mind, you can follow the steps below to ensure a seamless application process:
- Go to http://scholarships.gov.gh/clients/register
- Register using the form on the screen that you truthfully enter in your data.
- Download the application form to the registrar of scholarships in Ghana, by clicking on the “click to download form” highlighted at the top of the page. Ensure that the information you provide is truthful and reliable.
- Print the forms and submit them to the registrar of applications in your institution.
To avoid challenges with regard to the use of the mail system, the trade show Secretariat requires that all applications must be submitted to the GETFund reception for processing.
Applications should be addressed below:
P. Box MB, 254
Click on the link for more information: www.getfund.gov.gh
Application Deadline of GETFUND Scholarships
Closing date for applications is Friday 31ST June 2019. Please ensure to submit your application early as possible with accurate information.
Note that, the selection process is rigorous and the scholarship is competitive hence provide all the necessary details as required and follow laid down processes to stand a better chance of selection. For further explanation regarding the requirements 1-8, kindly get in touch with the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFUND).
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
If you are a Ghanaian student and seeking for a tuition-free opportunity, You can take advantage of our GETFUND Scholarships 2019-2020 and achieve your future