SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
German daily taz (die tageszeitung) 2017 Workshop on Migration & Development For African journalists (Fully Funded to Germany)
Application Deadline: April 9th 2017
7-day workshop on Europe’s Africa policy and the refugee crisis, 21 to 27 June 2017.
The German daily taz (die tageszeitung) is organising a one-week workshop on African-Europes relations, migration and development in Berlin in June 2017. Ten journalists from Africa will meet stakeholders from civil society, academics, politicians and experts on migration and development.
The programme focuses on German and European migration and African policy, giving special attention to
• the EU’s “Valletta process” of the EU
• the German G20 Presidency with the “G20 Africa Partnership Summit”
• the German government’s “Marshall Plan with Africa“. Further topics are German and European refugee policy and German colonial history in Africa.
The workshop will be conducted in English. Translation into French will be provided if necessary.
- German daily taz (die tageszeitung) are inviting ten professional journalists working for African media (print, online, radio, TV) dealing with issues of Europe/Africa relations, migration and development. We especially encourage female journalists to apply.
- The program is free of charge for the participants. Accommodation and travel costs are covered by the taz Panter foundation.
- Taz takes care of accommodation, catering and travel arrangements and helps with visa applications for Germany.
- It is possible to enter earlier and/or to stay longer in Germany in order to report on the G20 Africa Partnership Summit or the Global Forum on Migration and Development (see above).
- The costs for any additional stay in Germany before or after the workshop must be borne by the participants themselves.
• The application deadline is 9 April 2017.
• The application form can be downloaded here
• Please send it with a CV and three work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: