SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The George M. Hampton Foundation is deligted to invite applications for the 2017 Annual George M. Hampton Foundation Scholarship Program. You may apply for the given scholarship if you will attend a two-year Community or Junior college. The scholarship is aimed to promote and support the scholastic challenges of our youth and the educational underpinnings necessary for successful achievement in tomorrow’s society. This year four scholarships will be awarded in the amounts of $3,000, $2,000, $1,500, and $1,000, respectively to students who plan to attend a four-year college or university.
The George M. Hampton Foundation was conceived as a nonprofit affiliate of the Pi Lambda Lambda Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and incorporated in the State of Virginia on April 19, 2005. Foundation is named in the honor of Dr. George M. Hampton who was a charter member of the Pi Lambda Lambda Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity.
Prior to collecting the scholarship award, the winner will be required to verify their school status, GPA, and other eligibility requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident and enrolled in a Prince William County, Stafford County, Manassas or Manassas Park Public School
- Be a graduating high school senior in the 2016 – 2017 school year
- Have a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply:
- To be applying, the applicants must download the application form through the given link: http://www.gmhfoundation.org/app/download/7122429330/2017+GMHF++Scholarship+Application.docx
- To be entering in the scholarship beneficiary must write an essay less than 700 and no more than 750 words. The essay topics is given below
- Essay Question: Moving forward, what recommendations do you offer to eliminate or minimize such divisiveness in the American political and electoral process and why?
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Awards are as follows:
- For 4-YearCollege/University
- 1st Place: $3,000
- 2nd Place: $2,000
- 3rd Place: $1,500
- 4th Place: $1,000
- 2-Year Junior/Community College Students
- 1st Place:$1,500
- 2nd Place: $1,000
The application submission deadline is April 10, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question you can contact at Scholarships-at-gmhfoundation.org