General Electric will provide flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana undergraduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the next three years of 2017, 2018 and 2019 (individually the“Scholarship Year”). Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
This post provides you with information about General Electric Scholarships for Ghanaian Undergraduates 2020 and how you can apply. You can check the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails;
- About General Electric Scholarship for Ghanaian Undergraduates
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility for General Electric Scholarship 2020
- How to Apply for General Electric Scholarship 2020
- The GE Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
About General Electric Scholarship for Ghanaian Undergraduates
Level/Field of Study
General Electric Scholarship is for undergraduates pursuing their career in one of the listed fields of study
BA Computer Science and any of the following BSc Applied Sciences:
School of Engineering:
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
2.Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
2. Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
3. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The GE Scholarship is hosted and taken in Ghana.
General Electric Scholarship is only available for Ghanaian Undergraduates.
The Scholarship covers:
- Academic and residential fees
- Book allowance and out of pocket.
- Leadership training and limited Internship (If candidate maintains excellent academic standard and need is demonstrated)
Eligibility for General Electric Scholarship 2020
The candidate is eligible to apply if he/she:
- is a Ghanaian.
- is a Level 100 student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE.
- is able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educationally related expenses.
- has the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits).
- is reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain a 2.5 CGPA
- is of a Good Conduct.
How to Apply for General Electric Scholarship 2020
Interested candidates should provide the following to apply:
• An official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school-going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
Interested candidates should download and submit a completed GE- FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and the required essays, a copy of the candidate’s academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
The GE Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
General Electric Scholarship 2020 Application closed date was on 1st February 2020
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students,
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel,
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2020
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe,
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum