The World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA) & Bangkok Anaesthesia Regional Training Centre (BARTC) is inviting applicants for its General Anaesthesia Fellowship. The fellowship is available for anaesthesiologists from Asian countries.
Aim: The aim of the fellowship is to enable the training of trainees from various countries, targeted for the Asian region.
About: Quintin Juan Gomez represented the Philippines at the 4th World Congress in London in 1968 where he was elected Treasurer of World Federation Societies of Anaesthesiologists, the first Filipino to hold a high position the international organisation.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue training programme for anaesthesiologists.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of anaesthesiology.
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- The fellows will be supported by WFSA-BARTC funding for their travelling, living stipend and accommodation as decided by the committee. The expense for VISA is not included.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A permanent post in a government teaching hospital.
- A degree in medicine.
- Good spoken and written English language skills.
- Prior experience in anaesthesia for at least 3 years in his/her own country (evidence of previous training, the number of cases and techniques done in the last 3 years).
Nationality: Applicants from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei ,Cambodia, China ,Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives ,Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan ,Thailand ,Timor-Leste ,Turkey Turkmenistan,United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan ,Vietnam, Yemen are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a degree in medicine.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Good spoken and written English language skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- The applicant must fill the application form and send a curriculum vitae plus a letter of recommendation from the Head of Department where he/she works.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 5, 2017.