The National GEM Consortium is delighted to invite applications for three GEM Fellowships named as MS Engineering Fellowship Program, Ph.D. Engineering Fellowship, and Ph.D. Science Fellowship. These Fellowships are designed to focus on promoting opportunities for individuals to enter the industry at the graduate level in areas such as research and development, product development, and other high-level technical careers.GEM offers MS and Ph.D. level students an outstanding opportunity and access to dozens of the top Engineering and Science firms and Universities in the nation. GEM offers $4,000 for MS Engineering Fellows and $16,000 Ph.D. Engineering Fellows, and $16,000 Ph.D. Science Fellows. Fellows will also receive paid summer internship and full tuition and fees.
The National GEM Consortium was founded in 1976 at the University of Notre Dame. The mission of The National GEM Consortium is to enhance the value of the nation’s human capital by increasing the participation of underrepresented groups (African Americans, American Indians, and Hispanic Americans) at the master’s and doctoral levels in engineering and science.
The applicant must meet all the following criteria:
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident at the time of application.
MS Engineering Program Applicants:
- Must be a senior, or graduate of an accredited engineering or computer science program at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0.
- Must contractually agree to intern for two summers with sponsoring gem employer, beginning the summer after sponsorship.
Ph.D. Program Applicants:
- Must be a senior, master’s student, or graduate of an accredited engineering or applied science program at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0.
- Must contractually agree to intern with a gem employer member the summer immediately after sponsorship.
How to Apply:
To apply for these fellowships, the applicant can register or create an account through the given link: https://egem.gemfellowship.org/entrypoint/EntryPoint.aspx
Financial Aid and Award Money:
GEM MS Engineering Fellows receive:
- $4,000 living stipend per full-time semester up to 4 semesters ($8K per academic year – 3 quarters)
- up to two paid summer internships with a GEM Employer Member
- full tuition and fees provided by a GEM University Member
Ph.D. Engineering/Science Fellows receive:
- $16,000 stipend in the first academic year of the GEM Fellowship
- GEM Member University provides a living stipend up to the 5th year of D. program, equivalent to other funded doctorate students in the department
- A minimum of one paid summer internship with a GEM Employer Member
- Full tuition and fees at a GEM University Member
- Fellows are provided a paid graduate level summer work experience through the Employer Member for at least one summer (Engineering)
The GEM Member University will provide a financial contract at the time the GEM Fellowship is confirmed per this recommended distribution of the GEM Employer contribution.
The applications are due on November 13, 2017.
Link for More Information: