You are not alone in your quest to provide sustainable food to the world and alleviate hunger. As an agricultural researcher, GCHERA has chosen to support you through their World Agriculture prize to help you achieve your aim. But you must know what you need to do to win the $100,000 world food prize GCHERA has set down.
So stay with us while we show you what to do.
About the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
GCHERA World Agriculture Prize application is currently being accepted by students of all Nationalities. This World Agriculture Prize is worth USD100,000.
Agriculture they say was and is still the key development in the rise of sedentary human civilization, whereby farming of domesticated species created food surpluses that enabled people to live in cities. It is the science and art of cultivating plants and livestock.
It can help reduce poverty, raise incomes and improve food security for 80% of the world’s poor, who live in rural areas and work mainly in farming. Also, it has proven to be a very important and “CANT DO” aspect of most countries’ economies.
On these bases, The World Association of Agricultural and Life Sciences is pleased to offer a World Agriculture Prize this 2020.
THE GLOBAL AGRICULTURE AWARD GCHERA is the international award given by the World Association of Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA)
In 2020, two world agricultural awards will be awarded to a single academic / faculty member of higher education institutions to honor the achievements of an academic / faculty member involved in the disciplines. life sciences and agriculture, including but not limited to agriculture, natural resources, food, bioproducts, bioenergy, rural development, and the environment.
Other Relevant Facts About GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
Here in our Forum, we have put down some vital information about GCHERA World Agriculture Prize that can help you as an Indian student who desires to apply for it.
The information comes in the following areas:
- About the Sponsor
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- Number of awards:
- Eligibility for GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
- How to Apply GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
- Application deadline for GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
Therefore to avail yourself of this Opportunity, You must carefully read through.
About the Sponsor
The Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA) is a global network of national and regional Higher Education Associations. It is a not for profit organization registered in France at the office of INRA, Paris. GCHERA’s mission is to
- encourage mutual understanding and global co-operation among higher education associations and their constituent member universities
- provide leadership in education, research, innovation and outreach in agricultural and life sciences
- be a catalyst for the sharing and adoption of best practices across its membership
The GCHERA Steering Committee participates in global forums to contribute the views of the global higher education community in addressing the global challenges facing agriculture, food and natural resource management systems in the 21st Century and supports GCHERA’s members in addressing these challenges.
Level/Field of Study
This GCHERA World Agriculture Prize aims to promote the development of the mission of higher education institutions in the fields of education, research, innovation and public relations in the fields of agriculture and life sciences, highlighting the remarkable contribution of individuals to this mission.
GCHERA World Agriculture Prize is hosted by the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA) and the Award Ceremony will be held on 28 October 2020 in Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2020 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc
Eligible Nationality for this World Food Prize
THE GLOBAL AGRICULTURE AWARD GCHERA is opened for All Nationality. At least one of these awards will be dedicated to a candidate from a developing country.
Aside from THE GLOBAL AGRICULTURE AWARD GCHERA, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Worth
In 2020, two prizes of World food Prize worth the US $100,000 will be awarded, of which at least one winner would NOT be from a developed economy country.
Number of GCHERA World Agriculture Prize awards:
The number of THE GLOBAL AGRICULTURE AWARD GCHERA awards for each year is Two.
Eligibility for Global Agriculture Award GCHERA
Selection Criteria: The candidate will demonstrate outstanding and significant achievements in participating in the mission of higher education institutions in the fields of agriculture and life sciences.
These effects are likely to be reflected in the work of the applicant for the development of higher education in the institutions where he has served and in the wider geographical area of the institutions.
This commitment to the mission of higher education institutions will most likely have changed in terms of concentration, scope, and results throughout the candidate’s career.
More specifically, as indicated in the introduction above, the application shows to what extent the candidate:
- Provide innovation and leadership in undergraduate and graduate education programs, as well as in the implementation of lifelong learning,
- Research activities to promote science at the service of society, co-operation with colleagues and supervision of doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Leadership in the strategic development of the institution (s) in which he/she worked, and not necessarily only his or her home institution, but other institutions at the regional or international level.
- Work with stakeholders from higher education institutions, businesses, governments, NGOs and local civil society at the regional and international levels to enhance knowledge transfer, innovation initiatives and initiatives. awareness-raising that has helped to improve the well-being of society
- was an inspiration to students, colleagues at all levels and leaders of the wider regional and international community.
The above five points help the applicant to complete the online application form for the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize.
How To Apply for GCHERA World Agriculture Prize
You can register for the award on this page. You will receive a password by e-mail, which you can use to register on the online nomination form. You can update your application form anytime before the deadline.
Application Deadline for Global Agriculture Award GCHERA
The submission deadline for Global Agriculture Award GCHERA Application is April 30, annually at 17:00 GMT.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING
- Danish Government Cultural Agreement Scholarships for International Students
- Full List of winners of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship in Bangladesh(61 students)
- Study Free in Germany: Admission Requirement| Cost of Living | How to Apply for Visa
- All You Need to know: Study in Finland
- DUO Thailand Fellowship Programme
- Top 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Agricultural Science Students
- A study in the Netherlands: 7 Step on How to apply to a Dutch institution
- Rural Bank Scholarships for Undergraduate Students Australia
- A study in Slovenia: cost of living and study plus application deadlines
- NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship in Agriculture