Gardiner Scholarship from Step Up For Students In Florida
Step Up For Students is glad to offer the Gardiner Scholarship Program. The scholarship is exclusively open to children with certain special needs. They must be living in Florida and between 3 and 22 years of age. The winning students may expect to receive $10,000 in average.
The Gardiner Scholarship (PLSA) helps parents individualize the educational plans for their children with certain special needs. The scholarship is different compare to other state scholarships in that it allows parents to personalize the education of their children with unique abilities and give their children a chance at a brighter future.
The average amount for most students in the 2016-2017 school year is $10,000 and based on a matrix level of 253.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarship is for Florida students 3 years old through 12th grade or age 22, whichever comes first, with one of the following disabilities: autism spectrum disorder, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Spina bifida, Williams syndrome, Phelan-McDermid syndrome or intellectual disability (severe cognitive impairment).
- Also, students ages 3, 4 or 5 deemed “high risk” due to developmental delays may be eligible for the year they apply. (Please note: Students must not be older than 5 on Sept. 1.)
- Students need an Individual Education Plan (IEP) from a Florida school district or a formal diagnosis from a Florida licensed physician or psychologist.
- Students must be at least 3 or 4 on or before Sept 1. Students entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before Sept 1. Students entering first grade must be 6 on or before Sept 1.
- Students can participate in the Gardiner Scholarship (PLSA) program as part of home education. However, they cannot be enrolled in a public school or receive any other state-sponsored scholarship (McKay Scholarship or the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship).
This Gardiner Scholarship is only open to Florida students.
Application can be made through the link below.
Submission Deadline: Varies.